Entire SL inventory is attached - HELP!

Serafina Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not even 100% sure how this happened- but somehow I have attached most if not all of my SL inventory to me. I detach each object manually (usually about 10 or more things at a time) and when I appear to be "naked", I try doing a character test or "replacing current outfit" in my outfits folder. Each time I do this or if I try to remove all objects at once, Firestorm crashes. Then I relog and I'm wearing even more objects, even some that I've already detached. I've tried clearing my cache, doesn't work. I even downloaded imprudence and went in and did a successful character test that way, but when I relogged into Firestorm I was back to where I started, furniture, clothes, you name it attached to me. Anybody know a way to fix this?

Here are some lovely pictures of this disaster. If it wasn't so tedious it'd be funny....

oops_001.pngfbdfhg_001.png

**Edit

Thanks for your help Valerie, I had already viewed those two threads you mentioned and tried the things suggested in them. I hoped there had been some new developments in solutions to the problem since then. I'm still detaching - trying to hang in there!

***Edit #2 (problem solved!) After trying everything else, a friend directed me to do the following, which worked: Go into current outfit folder, select link items that are NOT attached (not in bold), multiple ones at a time, and delete them. In my case, there were thousands and it took awhile, but I did it by selecting/deleting about 20 at a time. Then I detached all of the rest of the items in bold that had been attached. Last, I ran a character test which worked finally! Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Glad you all enjoyed the photos - seeing all the crazy outfit combinations was the only thing that kept me sane during this, lol.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

This won't be much of a comfort for you to know that you are not the only one. Please read these threads. One of them was marked as resolved so I hope it helps you.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Somehow-wearing-my-entire-inventory-and-crashes-on-log-in-what/qaq-p/1304525

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/No-Support-for-Current-Entire-Inventory-attached-on-Login-Issue/td-p/1376257

I am sorry about your issue, but I have to say your pictures made me smile, congrats and kudos on your sense of humor!

i must say your sence of humor is great. made me laugh

but to fix this i would say that a bug is in the server causing this. and it gets triggered by somehow loggin in maybe.

as a second life addict i would hate to say that maybe you have to wait to get online. until the firestorm team fixes or holds back this bug somehow.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.