how do I go to a place and I tried that but it wount let me

maymayred

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

To places in general, or to a specific place that you can't find? 

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

• Like 1

There are many reasons why you might not be able to go someplace.

• The place no longer exists.  Things change in SL all the time, and lots of landmarks, or even search results, are out of date.
  • The owner of the place has blocked you.  This could be:
    • A block against you, specifically, because you misbehaved or annoyed the owner during a previous encounter
    • A general block against everyone except specific people the owner allows
    • A general block against everyone except members of a specified group.  If you're a member, activate that group in your Groups list and try again.
    • A general block against everyone with less than a specified amount of time in Second Life, usally avatars under 30 days old.  This is often done to cut down on troublemakers who make new accounts for the sole purpose of harassing others.
  • Your Maturity settings won't allow you to visit the selected area.  You set these in three places:
    • Me/Preferences/General tab
    • The Search function in world (CTRL+F)
    • The Marketplace here on the Second Life website.
    • NOTE:  You must be 18 or older in Real Life to visit places with a Moderate or Adult maturity rating.
  • There is a problem with the Second Life servers affecting teleportation.  This is generally temporary.  Try again in an hour or so.
  • There is a problem with your internet connection affecting your ability to teleport.  Don't use wi-fi, don't use satellite internet, and try rebooting your router/internet modem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.