how can i start my first home i got free house do i need to buy land?

MR2XQUS1TE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

In order to use your new homes you will have to buy land and pay a weekly tier (if you rent it from another resident) or a monthly tier (if you're a premium member and purchased the land directly from Linden Lab).

Tier is the Linden/USD fee that you'll have to pay. Land is the one thing you cannot get for free in second Life.

Welcome to Second Life, Mr2X --

If you just paid for a Premium membership, then as part of the deal you get a waiver that can be applied toward paying monthly land fees on the SL mainland.  You may use it in either of two ways:

1.  You may request a Linden Home.  Linden Homes are rental units, each on a 512 sq m. parcel of land. Your land fee waiver covers the entire cost of monthly rental, and the house itself is included in the deal.  Read the link to see the full details about the features and convenental restrictions on Linden Homes. 

2.  You may buy land on the mainland, paying the up-front purchase price for the land itself (currently ~L$1 per sq m) and then using your waiver to cover the monthly land fees for the first 512 sq m.  You may buy or build a house or other structure on that land, or leave it empty if you wish.  See

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

You may decide not to use your land fee waiver, of course, in which case you are still free to rent land from other residents, or buy land in private (non-mainland) regions.

You may want to take a free class on land management tonight (and every Friday night) at Caledon Oxbridge University to learn more and to ask questions of an expert.

How to Buy and Rent Land in SL
Time: Friday, 17:00 SLT
Instructor: Lindal Kidd

You do not have to have land in Second Life to have fun but it sure helps! Introduction to Land will teach you the basics of how to find, buy or rent, and sell land in Second Life. There is also an introduction to land controls, and a discussion of the risks and rewards of land on Private Estates versus the Linden Lab owned Mainland.

Caledon Oxbridge offers classes every week. All classes are free and open to everyone. Unless otherwise noted, classes are taught at the Caledon Oxbridge Lecture Hall located between the "Cathedral/Gateway" and the "College of Avatar Motion".

Location: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Caledon%20Oxbridge/78/140/29/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.