how can i find people around my age?

B3NITA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Perhaps go to clubs where the kind of music is featured that people your age like.  You'll probably find some there.  There is a group called "Twentysomething Twenty Year Olds"  that says their members are in their 20's that you cn look into joining.  Members may tall you of other places or groups for people your age.

That said, you really don't know how old people are in RL, even if they are in a group like that mentioned above.  If they claim to be a certain age, it may not be true because many people roleplay a character in here and keep in character all the time.  Even personality or personal likes and dislikes may not let you guess an accurate RL age.  Once you get to the point in a friendship where people trust you, they may (or may not) tell you more about their RL.  Most people that try to guess my age are off my quite a few years, although I am just myself in here and don't role play a character. 

My advice is to just try to make friends with anyone which you share common insterests.  After you become friends, age probably won't make any difference to you.  It's one of the great things about SL; the ability to make friends without judging them based on looks, culture or other preconceived notions of how you think people will act.  I have close friends of all RL ages from 20 to over 70 and I cherish each one.

• Like 1

Enjoy the fact that we can't tell age easily in SL, and don't feel that you ever have any obligation to tell anyone how old you are.  It's nobody else's business.  You'll be able to tell easily enough whether you enjoy the same sorts of things as people you meet.  If so, it doesn't make any difference how old they are.

• Like 1

I totally agree with Rolig and Amethyst.

I've met a few people in SL who obsess about their age, and the age of others.  One fellow I met kept moaning that nobody would be friends with him because he was 68 years old in RL.  Well, if he would stop TELLING everyone how old he was (and how miserable he felt because of it) his problem would go away.  But he insisted on...well, using his age as a way to push everyone he met away from him.  It was very sad, and a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Others just can't wait to tell you how young they are.  Or ask you how old YOU are.  If you tell them, they then snort derisively (someone old enough to be their mother couldn't, of course, be any fun at all) and wander off.

Second Life is a place where you can be whoever you want to be...any age, any sex.  Heck, even any species.  Enjoy that freedom!  Or at least, grant it to others, if you don't want it for yourself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.