does anyone know why a friend shows up on my friend list in world, but doesn't show up on dashboard?

Kealtah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

First be sure that the same name (display vs user) is being used on your dashboard and list in your viewer.  There may be a difference due to how you have your preferences set inworld.

Otherwise, it's been known to happen due to a glitch or bug in the website software communicating with the inworld software.  Some people see no friends on their dashboard.  A JIRA (notice of a problem) has been filed about it with LL.  You can track the progress here.

• Like 1

One of my friends shows up off-line on my dashboard but last on the list - although all the other names are in alphabetical order. Her name is out of order. It is unlikely that she has been off-line for so long. Could that be because she has unchecked the "show when I am on-line box"?

1 hour ago, SusanZed said:

One of my friends shows up off-line on my dashboard but last on the list - although all the other names are in alphabetical order. Her name is out of order. It is unlikely that she has been off-line for so long. Could that be because she has unchecked the "show when I am on-line box"?

If your friend uses a display name, this will mess up the alphabetical order of your list in no specific way.  I have a friend whose display name begins with an N but with spaces between the letter so he is dead last on my list.

If a friend hides their online status, they generally won't show at all on the dashboard.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.