Installation failed - please try again later

kittylou10006

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I created an account this morning and completed the download. From there, I have been trying to install it all day. When installation is nearly completed I keep getting the error 'Installation failed. Please try again later (0)'. I have checked and from what I can see my computer easily reaches the minimum requirements needed for the game. Any ideas as to what might be the problem would be appreciated!

1 answer to this question

I believe that is a Windows error message.  That (0) is a little confusing though since that code says the task was complete.  Usually stuff like that is caused by your system being busy or some task/program is running that prevents the installation from completing.  It could be an anti-virus program or anti-spyware program.  Or it could be just a bad setup file you are trying to install from.  Try restarting you computer...........instead of doing the "restart" though, go through with a complete shut down, wait a few seconds (maybe a minute) and restarting.  Then download a fresh copy of the SL viewer setup again (save it to your hard drive so you can scan it for malware......just for peace of mind since I'm going to suggest turning off your anti-virus for the installation).  Then turn off your AV and install again.  If it succeeds this time go ahead and turn your AV back on, restart your computer (a simple restart is fine this time) and try SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.