How do I create an avatar

gramstones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You always have an avatar. Just log in.  The handsome guy with his back to you is your avatar.  If you want to change to a different one, there are loads in your Inventory.  Open the Library >> Clothing >> Initial Outifts folder.  All of the avs with people's names on them are available.  (I'd suggest avoiding the ones that say (mesh) after the name.)  Just use your mouse to drag/drop a whole outfit folder onto your av.  That should replace it in seconds.  If you really don't want any of those, you can buy skins, shapes, hair, and clothing in a ton of places in SL and on the Marketplace.

Be sure to download the lastest viewer of your choice before logging in.  There have  been many changes in SL and if you have an old viewer it may not be supported.

If you do have an older viewer installed on your machine, you need to do a clean reinstall.  Follow these instructions: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Gramstones,

I am making the assumption that you 'signed in'/logged in to a viewer.  If you can't see the avatar you certainly do already have, try the Camera button to readjust your screen view.  If you want a different avatar you can try some of the pre-done ones that you get as a newbie, for a change, there are quite a few choices now, at least untl you figure out what you want, but it will definately look 'newbie' to most of us (nothing wrong with that).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.