Hi me and my friend need a job, basiclly anything for pay

RoseDawson1011

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

Me and my friend (FH1001) and I (RoseDawson1011) are looking for jobs for pay. We are in need of a house, or sandbox, however it is and she wants to get a baby lol. We seen that a the cheapest sandbox is 25 linden so we guess that isnt to much but a baby is 3,000, we seen at a market.

FH is willing to be a Maid or an Assistant, I, on the other hand am willing to do anything I guess. But, my laptop got infected with a virus so I can't go on that.. I tried on my desktop but thats not working, or is WAAYY to slow & laggy Lol. so curently I have to go to the Library which I try to go here every other day, or sometimes everyday. Crazy, I know.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any other questions please message me on RoseDawson1011 and FH1001 for her, if you wish to contact me on Facebook its Marcie Diaz with a Taylor Swift looking Picture. or just comment :)

~ Marcie :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

2 answers to this question

There is almost no demand for unskilled labor in SL, and the jobs that you can find pay practically nothing.  If you have a RL skill as a creator (artist, animator, scripter, 3D modeller ...) or if you are a skilled performer of some kind (DJ, Musician ...), you can earn a fair amount by making things or offering services thatother residents are willing to pay for.  It takes a while to establish yourself as a professional and to get noticed in Marketplace or by potential clients, but if you have something unique to offer, it's a fun way to earn money.

To see what few unskilled opportunities are out there, take a look at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life .  You may want to look in the InWorld Employment forum to see what jobs are available, or post a note yourself.

Other ways to earn money in world are by participating in contests or playing games in clubs, none of which offer large or predictable amounts of L$.  Avoid falling for any of the schemes that you may find on the Internet. At least some of those are bogus offers, ways to get your private information.

The absolute best way to get L$ is to buy them through the Linden Exchange.  Save your lunch money once a week and buy L$ instead.  That will be enough to pay for most things that you want to buy.  After all, even a L$3000 baby is only $12.00 USD.

• Like 1

I don't know where you are seeing a "sandbox for $L25".  A "sandbox" is the SL slang term for any area that's set aside for temporary building, and while some of them are restricted to private use by a group, most of them are open to the public, for free.

In a sandbox area, you can use the build tools to create things, or rez objects from your inventory.  But you can't leave them out permanently.  The sandbox will have a return time set, usually three or four hours.  After that time, anything you have left lying around will be returned to your inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.