Hey guys been trying to make friends i got the personality and all lol but i dont know where to look

RoseStraaf21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So ive been trying to make friends maybe meet that special someone lol i got the personality the energy but i keep looking at the wrong places im nice and all but people just poof away D: last time i checked everything looked honest and friendly even my rl picture any suggestions lol places to go to tips im open and up for it :D

3 answers to this question

You may be experiencing a cultural divide.  Many (perhaps most) people in SL interpret "Friend" in the way that used to be common in the world.  That is, a friend is someone that you actually know and might like to share ideas and confidences with, not someone that you just happened to bump into and decided to "like", in the Facebook sense.  In much of SL, it is considered rude or at least pushy to walk up to a perfect stranger and click the "Would you please be my friend?" button.  That may be changing slowly as Facebook worms its way deeper into our lives, but for now you'll find that most people will ignore or deny your friend request unless they actually know who you are.

So, how do you make friends?  You actually meet them.  You join groups that share a common interest, or you hang out at events and venues where people are likely to enjoy the same things that you do, and you strike up a conversation. You can help things along by placing information about yourself in your profile, and by reading other people's profiles.  You can join threads in the Make Friends forum or elsewhere in these forums. Still, nothing quite beats having a real one-on-one conversation (or chat). Just relax and let it happen.

(BTW, don't fall for RL photos.  Most of those are photos of someone else, or someone else's dog.)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.