Which Laptop Would You Choose?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking to get a new laptop to run SL. I've had my current Laptop for almost 5 years and it takes forever for sims to load in game. I was hoping to spend $1000 or less. Here are the computers I'm considering at the moment. Which do you think would be better and why? 

Thanks for any help you can give me, I don't know all the tech behind playing the game, I just want to see who and what is around me when I'm playing without waiting 5 - 10 min for everything to load! I would also like to use my mic in world, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Laptop Choice 1:

ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB VRAM, 16GB DDR4, 1 TB, 128 GB SSD (ROG Metallic)

Laptop Choice 2:

Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Thanks!

The second one, with the larger screen and more RAM.  SL only uses 8mb but the extra ram is good if you have other applications running at the same time or want to log in more than one avatar at a time.  Also I prefer the largest screen I can have for SL.  My lappy has a 17.5 inch screen.

I've had 2 ASUS computers now and have been most pleased by both.  One's a laptop and one's a desktop.  The laptop is several years old but still runs like a champ and I can still use it for SL when I travel and run it on high graphics.  I got a high end ASUS desktop recently to replace a older Dell that died for heavy duty and daily use.

Note that any laptop will tend to run hot with SL, even high end gaming ones, so be sure to invest in the best cooling pad you can.  The cooler you can run the longer the lappy will last and you may not experience annoying crashes from over heating, which can damage the lappy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Kaitlin, after recently testing both Firestorm & Singularity (2017) viewers on Windows 10 Home x64, Ubuntu (Linux) 14.04 x64, Ubuntu 16.04 x64 & Linux Mint 18 (Sarah) x64 I discovered; especially on Firestorm's viewers you better have at least min. of 10-12 GB system RAM IF you plan on long sessions in SL.  Sorry I do not quote LL/SL notes, I run tests. IF I were to purchase a laptop for approx. $1,000.00 I'd choose this one:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL72-7RD-028-Performance-i7-7700HQ/dp/B01MS1T197/ref=sr_1_3?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1485960108&sr=1-3&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop&refinements=p_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER

This laptop has 16GB RAM & a Nvidia GTX 1050 with 2GB DDR5 memory, so you would not have to ugrade again in the near future. As for ASUS they build good pc components, but I'd not buy one of their pcs. 

"I Love Simplicity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.