SL voice issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

it sucks bad with voice right now, some of my friends still have it but they say that its unstable. Its cutting in and out, ive done everything from clean installs to cleaning my computer, changing my bandwidth, clearing my cache, restarting my internet, using 4 different viewers and voice is still completely gone for me. Its sad to know its out of LL's control, all this money people put into game and LL's doesnt own its voice service? Im just really disappointed with this whole issue. As a alternative ive been using TINYCHAT.com that way i can still talk to my secondlife family through voice without there being a barrier. I really hope this issue gets resolved .

- 2017 voice not working , secondlife / second life 

• 3 years later...

Hi all, the question is: Does anyone have issues with SL Voice?

Today in my private estate, three people tried to use SL voice (Viavox), we could all see from our own perspective that we were broadcasting voice.  (the little green speaks things flashing over our heads indicating we were broadcasting) However, no one else could here anyone else talking,  so there people in voice all unable to communicate.

Now then before people start saying you need to do this and that. lets go though what we did tireid and faild to the same issue:

1) WE all checked settings

2) We set up a discord group we can all talk and here each other perfectly, back into SL nothing

3) Two of us uninstalled and re-installed out Viewers (mine is simulate 64bit edition) but still we can talk to the world but not to other people (no one can here us)

4) we changed the Listen settings - listen from camera, listen to everyone equally, blah blah, guess what, no one can here each other still.

5) we chanced the plugin (SLVOICE)  volume mixer levels in the sound mixer to make sure that their were no nasty surprises their, onlt to receiver more static.

6) Finally we rebooted the sim, and -YES we made sure the time has voice enabled too.  (were not that dumb) we still cant here each other

so after going though all the ideas from reinstalling drivers

reinstalling seocnlidfe viewer

reinstalling fresh setup files (and the vivox agreement)

doing the viavox agreement again

and all of the other things we could think of......   

I would say their is a bit of problems with SL voice on the DEVON-DREMAS winter wonderland sim

, i don't know what i have missed or if their is a bigger issue, or if its just my sim that is being unique and funky at this important time of year when we are trying to gather people and support them, so they don't feel alone at christmas.

Hope it is solvable

Safra Nitely.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.