Not My Machine, But Your Software

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, it's Tuesday, and we have a new patch!

So I spend the day as a Casper, unable to remove the newborn kitty that I put on my right shoulder. 

Unable to remove my coat.

Unable to get anything off me despite multiple relogs.

I get this odd message: Could not put on outfit. The outfit folder contains no clothing, body parts, or attachments.

Well, guys. Let me start with this: I'm not trying to PUT ON an outfit. I'm trying to TAKE OFF an outfit.

But let's not get hung up on semantics.

This Casper problem, this problem of being unable to detach, this "I see gray squares" problem has gone on for a long time, and comes and goes with each patch.

So I uninstall this undercooked concoction, and go and get another undercooked concoction called "Release Candidate". 

In my experience, "Release Candidate" can bring a whole lot of its own pain, but no matter, it often gets rid of Casper and can't-take-cat-off.

Of course it did, instantly.

I'm afraid to see if the object content loading problem now is back, which I had licked by putting on the new patch that had the Casper and the cat, but..

Nothing on my machine has change. Nothing has touched. No Windows even installed. Nothing different about Internet portals. No, no packet loss. And on and on.

It is your software. The only question is where it will hit next?

PS HAHAHAHAHAHHAH Guess what! The bug where I can't load object content is baaaack!

I had ditched that bug when I took the latest download, but since that patch makes me a Casper with a cat stuck to me forever, I've tried the RC -- now I'm normal again with no cat, but objects won't load.

Speaking as my neko self, it could be the kitten's claws. Usually a little scritch behind it's ears, or a long slow stroke from head to tail will do the trick, but sometimes food is also required.

It'a an unusual problem but some of our human pets never learn to behave and serve their kitten gods properly. Jumping onto their shoulders and clinging on for dear life will normally start them wondering what they did wrong.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

I get this odd message: Could not put on outfit. The outfit folder contains no clothing, body parts, or attachments. 

That's not an 'odd' message, that's a fairly typical message when whatever viewer you are using cant find or worse, can find but cant use, the items in your invnetory due to client side inv list corruption. Normally this a a mainly Firestorm problem, happens more often, is more of a pain to fix, thats why FS had a special page on their site telling people how to 'fix' it.

Seriously consider not using either SL Default Viewer, or FS,  and definately stay away from Singularity, from what I remember on your other thread, you have a reasonable pc, and know your tech reasonably well, time to ditch those viewers that simply won't work for you and try something else, try Niran's Black Dragon maybe.

Or think of Shoulder Cat, and install Catznip!

Klytyna wrote:

Seriously consider not using either SL Default Viewer

From memory Prok doesn't like Opensource. sie hast made many statements on how that was one of the worst of many descisions out of LL.

If it is just a corrupted file, I wonder if deleteing everything, including the profile directories, then reinstalling from scratch would fix the issue.

Of course it's an odd message when the issue is not PUTTING ON but UNABLE TO TAKE OFF clothig.

There isn't any "client-side invisible list corruption". The Lindens have been over and over my inventory on multiple tickets. They've removed corrupt objects. There is nothing like this. I'm not on Firestorm and will never be. I'm on the regulation SL viewer.

I am going to stay with the SL Viewer because that makes most sense for me, and I don't need the data-scraping and phoning home of the third-party viewers some of which are still made by griefers.

Hopefully by now you were able to drop the kitty. If it's kittycats relateed you can always file a ticket with KittyCats. As for viewers, it is always good to have a 3rd party viewer incase someing goes screwy with the default viewer. I am a reliable sl stock viewer fanatic but have Firestorm as backup. In sl if it can go wrong it probably will go wrong lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.