Issues with deeded objets on group land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many posts on deeded land & objects but this a touch different so posting.

I own land which i deeded to my own land group & when i placed objects on the land for "public use" such as beds i also went to deed these to that group as was told i should on here but...

1,whenever i res anything it already looks like it belongs to my land group & wont let deed button be highlihted so are items i res being auto deeded to my land group somehow?

2, regardless of this whatever i do to beds etc setting poses/menus to ALL when i am offline public users cannot res pose balls even tho it lets them look at the menu.

I have tried re ressing,resetting,new beds,everything but still this problem :(

concerning question 1 could this issue be non deeding??/ i have no idea

kind regards

Pun

FIrst you really should NOT deed things to group except for the following reasons

1. You have to deed a television or radio to the land group for it to work
  2. You want group members be able to manipulate (move, copy or modify them as you specify in your group roles and abilities

The reason is that if the object gets returned by the system or by someone, it may disappear forever.  It is supposed to go to the last owner, but it doesn't always do that so you are taking a risk.

Everything else should be set to group on group owned land if you limit non group members from rezzing things or want non group objects to be returned to the owner after a specified time.

Deeding or setting to group doesn't mean that anyone can use scripted objects.  That will be allowed only if the access can be set to group or everyone through the script or a config notecard.  If the scripted object doesn't have that option it won't work the way you want it too.

as for your questions:

1. You can only deed things to group if the object has transfer rights.  Otherwise you must set them to group.  That's why the button for deeding doesn't work on some things.

2. If you are referring to a bed that uses an MLP system, and maybe other systems too there are two permissions you need to grant.  for both menus, and pose balls.  Be sure you have ball users set your preference as well as the menu users  If you do have both set, then what you have is a bug.  There is a JIRA for it here which you may want to vote, track and comment on.

I'm not sure if there is a work around for #2 or not.  There may be something in the comments section of the bug report about it, which I didn't have time to read, or perhaps someone will post one here if they know of any.

Hi i appreciate your reply but on a similar thread someone answered...

"If the land is group-owned objects have to be set to that group to be able to rezz. Otherwise they will  only rezz if the owner is in the same region"

Another repky was "Just in case anybody else stumbles on this thread someday (and because I had to test this to make sure I wasn't loosing it), the rezzing object must be set to group and the parcel must enable group build in order for the object to rez when the owner isn't present in the sim."

Thats the problem i had so...i checked to see if they were deeded to my and group... which they kind of appeared to be (see Q1)

Unfortunately wether deeded to my land group or not deeded to any .. this probem still exists.

yes everything has been re ressed reset & even purchased new to try to eradicate it.

Grateful for your comments & help

Pun

"Set" to group and "deeded" to group are two very different things. On group-owned land, you want stuff set to group for several reasons already discussed.

In contrast, as Amethyst rightly points out, one only deeds an object to group under very special circumstances -- and deeding means what it says: a deeded object becomes owned by the group and next-owner permissions are applied (which can be irreversible and unfortunate).

This transfer of ownership when deeding to group is one common way that it may be impossible to complete the deeding: If the current owner doesn't have Transfer permission on the object (or its contents) then it will be impossible to deed it to group. (Of course non-transferable objects can be set to group.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.