Is it just me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Did LL change the forums logins? When I come to look at the forums for a reply to a thread I've been posting on, fine. Used to be when I then went to log in to reply, I'd be back on the thread I was looking at before I logged in. In the last week or so, I've logged in and I'm on the Blog page rather than the thread I wanted to reply to. Then I have to go find the thread again. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

It is right and proper punishment for being away from the forums too long.

(Yeah, it's a change, and a pain.)

[EDIT: Although I've found it not that big a pain to get back where I want, holding down Chrome's back-arrow to find the desired page in the tab's history.]

It's a change to the auth system, though this change only affects community.secondlife.com.

I added some quick and easy technical details in this thread: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Second-Life-Tech/Forum-Login/td-p/2915450

As explained there, my working solution is to log in, then make two Back jumps in my browser; one to get back from the root, and a second to escape the login page, returning to the original page. (as Qie's edit describes!)

Pamela Galli wrote:

If I click on someone's forum name to sent them a private message, it sends the message to myself.

If I click Reply to a private message, it sends the message to me.

Can't reproduce this, sorry.

Your public user-id is 152303, and the PM link through from your user page (from clicking a name) includes

compose/note-to-user-id/152303This is expected - composes a note to you.

Can you check my (or someone elses) profile and check if the user-id matches or mis-matches the /note-to-user-id/ URI on the "send this user a Private Message" button?

Qie and myself are on Chromium-based browsers - if you are too, this would be interesting.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

If I click on someone's forum name to sent them a private message, it sends the message to myself.

If I click Reply to a private message, it sends the message to me.

Can't reproduce this, sorry.

Your public user-id is 152303, and the PM link through from your user page (from clicking a name) includes

compose/note-to-user-id/152303This is expected - composes a note to you.

Can you check my (or someone elses) profile and check if the user-id matches or mis-matches the /note-to-user-id/ URI on the "send this user a Private Message" button?

Qie and myself are on Chromium-based browsers - if you are too, this would be interesting.

________

Not sure how to get your user ID but:

note-to-user-id/261857">Send this user a private message</a>

I use Chrome. What happens when I try to send you a message:  For a split second your name is in the TO field, then changes to my name.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Not sure how to get your user ID but:

note-to-user-id/
">Send this user a private message</a>

I use Chrome. What happens when I try to send you a message:  For a split second your name is in the TO field, then changes to my name.

That's interesting, but... not certain it's related to the issue Bobbie reports. 261857 is my correct user-id (you can get it at the end of /viewprofilepage/user-id/ after clicking my name.. This means the link is well-formed, and something managing the form is replacing the content. The split-second delay suggests this is browser-side (not a server issue), but it's hard to be entiiiirely sure of that.

Is it possible you have settings such as Auto-Fill enabled in Chrome? Some anti-virus applications provide this functionality, too.

ETA: If you have a second browser you can test, this would help too.

ETA again: Can't stay still so I'm disappearing for a bit. I will keep an eye on this thread again in a bit. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.