Graphic config for slow internet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i have a good computer but slow internet, it takes at least 20 mins to load a crowded place. 

Is there any config for first loading avatars and rest of the world object and tress stuff load less? I dont need to see fully object details i need avatars load full then object load.  I am using phoenix viever, any knowledge base for it?

CarolCandy wrote:

Hi, i have a good computer but slow internet, it takes at least 20 mins to load a crowded place. 

Is there any config for first loading avatars and rest of the world object and tress stuff load less? I dont need to see fully object details i need avatars load full then object load.  I am using phoenix viever, any knowledge base for it?

Welcome to Second Life Forums, CarolCandy

You can get quite a lot of information from the Phoenix/Firestorm group in world - if you are not already joined to this, I advise you open my profile and look for the group in my list and join.  

Is there any way you can get a faster internet? Contact your internet service provider to negotiate something better?  

You can turn things off when you log into Second Life, using the advanced menu at the top of the Firestorm viewer screen. (To get the advanced menu, you need to press "ctrl" "alt" and "d" at the same time.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.