You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually I did find in preferences where to turn off facelights just not the bodylights. This is what was given to me

firestorm viewer - better looking avs!
To improve the visual quality of your SL experience, the following information shows you how to change the relevant settings in FIRESTORM
First, turn off ALL facelights and bodylights...then......
WORLD >
ENVIRONMENT EDITOR >
ENVIRONMENT SETTINGS >
tick Customize My Environment >
tick Fixed Sky >
from dropdown, scroll way down and select > [AnaLu] studio7 (or 5, which is what I use)
The result in improved graphics is quite remarkable. Try it and let me know if you see any change.
Warning: The use of face or body lights kills this idea stone dead.
Please pass this tip on to your friends then maybe one day we can rid SL of the curse of facelights.

windlight settings will do not much about faceligths... that will only imporve your view after you removed the visiblility of facelights. Next to that, removing your own facelight will not make a lot of difference... the others are the one bothering.

go to your preferences

graphics tab

hardware settings : disable anisotropic filtering

rendering : disable  attached lights ( this IS facelights)

do not use depth of field

limit your drawdistance ( main graphics tab )

disable advanced lighting

disable atmospheric shaders

this last few will make your visible quality less, but will improve stbility on old systems.

Firestorm is a wonderful viewer and my viewer of choice for many years. That being said it is NOT easy on your system, so don't expect better performance. Turn your graphics setting down to medium or whatever you need for it to work. SL is a hungry gal when it comes to graphics :D.

Good luck and glad someone told you about disabling lights. There are Firestorm classes which will help if you decide to keep using it. If you are still having issues you might want to try a 1.23 based (old style) viewer like Singularity. Those are typically easier on your system and the only one I can use on my old laptop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.