Attachments glitch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've recently been experiencing a rather curious 'bug', quite often when I log in to Second Life, I find one of my prim attachments appears to have been dropped, even though it is still attached, detaching doesn't do anything as the item still appears to be floating where it was 'dropped'.  I can't take or delete it in that case either as it is still considered to be attached to my avatar.  Usually relogging helps, but when I tried it this time the same thing happened, with a different attachment appearing to be dropped.

Any particular reason this might be happening? and does anyone have any suggestions in attempting to correct it?
I use the official SL Viewer if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

well that happens with the new bodies especially but what i noticed is that happens when ever you have 2 or more attachments at the same spot  for example my body was doing that because it was worn on spine same as my collar the moment i started making sure my attachments are  alone in the attaching spot my body never bugged before ! 

*tip: rigged mesh will be in the right spot no matter where you wear it !

• 3 weeks later...

I get this all the time, every other new patch, it comes back. Constantly. Nothing fixes it until they do a new patch. When I file tickets about it, I get runarounds about packet loss and clean installs but all of this is irrelevant. The fault is in their software, not in ourselves, dear Brutus...

Sure, you can try using "add" and not "wear" but honestly, it's their software.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.