wanted to sublet my plot into small affordable sky rentals, advice?

AlannaGrace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I live on a pretty big plot on mainland and I rent from a friend who gave me a good deal..

but the rent is still abit high to me, and I dont need 40% of the prims anyway

I was thinking about making small furnished skyboxes, which are ready to move in with all the latest furniture & stuff... and alotting another 20 prims ontop per box. is this something people would be interested in? would 100l/week be an appropriate rent for such an arrangement? and how would I get people to come & rent. I only wish to make 4-5 boxes to make up atleast 50% of my rent.. i'm not after profits or anything..

any advice on moving forward?

Thanks ~

i would suggest that you look inworld at the current rentals available. You will get a idea of what the market price is for skybox rentals. Is a pretty competitive market

a alternative might be to advertise for someone to share with you

My advice...check with the person you're renting from FIRST, to make sure he/she is ok with it.

How many "skyboxes" you can reasonably put down and rent out is going to depend on the size of your land, other land owners nearby sharing the sim with you(and what's on their land), etc...

I'm not so sure you can reasonably expect to rent out all 4-5 boxes at the same time, because renters may have some expectations about their "plots" that you're not expecting them to have. 

If you're already getting a good deal, I probably wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, personally. There are tons of good deals out there on the grid, if you're only paying 800l-1000l per week for a "big" plot, you're getting a darn good deal. You can find big plots with the prim allotment you'r elooking for, then you won't have to worry about coming up with the rest of the money for prims you don't need. That's what I did, found a plot big enough for me, with the right prim allotment I needed(and a little prim wiggle room, just in case) at a pretty decent price. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.