membership upgrade ?

EpicGamer1982

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so im on basic now if i upgrade will i get any kind of that that i can build my own things on not just a plot with a liden home as i would have no use for that ? ivbeen away fr some years from the game only to return years ago i think u got mainland 512sqm and so many lindens a week iv looked at the upgrade part but im unsureim going to be given land that i can not edit or rebuild on nay advice would be great thanks.

If you can revive your old account, you can most likely turn a profit going Premium. All Premium members get a stipend -- those joining now get L$300 per week, but an "oldbie" account from back in the days of "First Land" can get L$400 or L$500 per week, which works out to more than the cost of membership on the annual plan.

"First Land" was a program that distributed one free 512 per premium account. Not merely the ongoing "bonus" tier of 512 sq.m. free of monthly charges, but the actual land itself, similar to Linden Homes now but on regular Mainland continents. So yeah, if you go Premium now and don't get a Linden Home, the monthly tier is still waived on your first 512 anywhere on Mainland, but you need to buy it yourself.  Buying mainland, however, is no big deal anymore: my First Land parcels are now worth less than a twentieth of their going price at the time I got them.

Qie Niangao wrote:

If you can revive your old account, you can most likely
turn a profit
 going Premium. All Premium members get a stipend -- those joining now get L$300 per week, but an "oldbie" account from back in the days of "First Land" can get L$400 or L$500 per week, which works out to more than the cost of membership on the annual plan.

this is perhaps a bit confusing. Reactivated accounts get the current stipend of 300L$.

Only when you kept the old premium all the time you would get the old stipends.

When you went to basic and you take premium again it will be at the current benefits ..512 sqm free or Linden Home, and 300L$ stipend weekly, even if your account is 12 years old it won't make difference

yes you can take a Linden home, or go buy mainland yourself and get 512 sqm free of tier fees,

Or take a Linden Home..ánd more mainland, but you will get only 512 sqm tier free.

At Linden Homes are some restrictions.... no business... no skybox.... not possible to deed to group... not possible to delete house ....and a few more

There are only a few perks to Premium.

You get TIER for a 512 lot. If you don't plan to use that lot (you have to buy it but you can still get lots for "first land" prices or even lower if you look around) then that isn't a plus.

You can use the premium sandboxes which are clam and have scripts turned on -- a plus if you build.

The best rate is to pay for the year and then with the money you get back each week ($300) it cost you about a dollar a month which is pretty close to free.

You also get to have more groups you can join and more IMs before they are capped and "support" on a good day *wink*.

But you can certainly get by without being premium. Just a choice.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

If you can revive your old account, you can most likely
turn a profit
 going Premium. All Premium members get a stipend -- those joining now get L$300 per week, but an "oldbie" account from back in the days of "First Land" can get L$400 or L$500 per week, which works out to more than the cost of membership on the annual plan.

this is perhaps a bit confusing. Reactivated accounts get the current stipend of 300L$.

Only when you kept the old premium all the time you would get the old stipends.

When you went to basic and you take premium again it will be at the current benefits ..512 sqm free or Linden Home, and 300L$ stipend weekly, even if your account is 12 years old it won't make difference

Sorry, but that's not correct. One of my ancient alts was basic for years, went back to Premium just last year, and now gets L$400 weekly stipend again.

EpicGamer1982 wrote:

not able to get my old accound i can no longer rember the detials its been over 5 years so if i get linden home can i take it down and build myself?

Not exaclty, The Linden Homes are located in separate ghetto sims and you can't change them - except from some retexturing and such when the house controller works.

But you get a choice: You can either use the 512 m2 land allowance included in the premium membership for a linden home or you can use it to cover the tier for a 512 m2 parcel on a mainland sim of your choice.

If you go for the second option, you still have to pay to purchase the land but as Qie said, unless it is some special prestigious or themed area, mainland is so cheap now it hardly matters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.