llemail not sending sim-wide

Turokhan Legion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Until now my current region is not sending llemails to objects in other sims, or the destination is not accepting it. It works if i email the objects residing in the same sim, but will not receive in another sim. 

I use this for my inworld servers for a product i sell and is vital that this works.

Anyone come across this before, any fix?

i just tested in a new sim and it works, so there is an issue my my region i guess. It has been restarted too.

The title of this thread is confusing, but I'm also not completely sure what's happening. Specifically, there's a long-standing llEmail bug (which seems to be increasing in frequency) where certain recipient objects will become isolated from any sender. The only reliable way to get an isolated recipient object to read its mail again is to Wear the affected object, go to another sim and back again, then Drop (not detach) the object.

Now, that's clearly not the problem if senders from other sims can still communicate with the very same recipient that fails to get messages sent from the object in your sim. If that's the problem then probably a support ticket will be needed to figure out why your sim isn't sending llEmail to any other sims. (I've never seen this happen myself, but I don't doubt it could.)

Longer term, you may want to explore replacing llEmail with the Key Value Persistence store in Experience Tools, once that's all available to the public. It's quite different, so significant re-scripting will be needed, but like llEmail the network traffic is local to LL and no external server is needed. It's a little early to say that the KVP will be more reliable, but it seems likely given how often llEmail is failing recently.

It does sound to me like the same bug mentioned in the newer jira that you linked to from here. The OP did state "or the destination is not accepting it.", which suggests where the problem lies - with the receiver, not the senders. The problem as noted in the jira states that they will receive from the same sim, but stop receiving from others until the wearing into another sim and dropping after returning fix that you described.

This is the method i'm using.

Object A from sim 1 sends en email to either object B, C, D in sims 2,3,4 and so on.

Destination objects receive the email and will perform a function.

Problem that i have just noticed is that all the objects located in different regions, couldn't receive the email from object A, but testing those objects in the same region worked. So the email script is working for the receiver, but only inside the sim its in.

Could it be perhaps that email scripted needs a reset every so often?

Could it be perhaps that email scripted needs a reset every so often?

I've never seen that happen for email sending scripts, which seems to be the problem here.

You've probably already tested this, but just to make sure: Scripts in sims 2, 3, 4, etc., can use your scripts to send and receive among those different sims, and it's only a single specific "sim 1" that has trouble sending, right? (If email isn't going between sims 2 and 3, either, then the problem is a bug in the scripts.)

If everything works as expected among those other sims, then before filing a support ticket I'd try sending in the opposite direction to see if sim 1 cannot receive inter-sim email either. (You may have already tested that, too.)

This is interesting..

If i select object B from A, nothing happens at B. Yet if i activate object A in the other region and quickly teleport to object B before the timed email comes in, it works.

So it works if im next to it??? 

Just for interest, object B doesnt belong to me nor is it a sim that i can manage. But it is linked to my systems.

#baffled

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem

I have made an updater that relies on the llEmail to send a message trom an object A to an object B.

Up to a week ago or so it was working perfectly. Object A wherever on the grid was sending a message to object B in my sim.

Now it does not work anymore.

Anybody else got the same issue and found a way to solve it (without the wear trick)?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.