land trading

HenriDesmarais

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Call me naive for being new to having and holding land on mainland, and for asking this question. I'm simply unaware.

I have two parcels, both are 8192m plots. They aren't anywhere near each other. Is it possible someone with a 16384m plot would trade? or am I outta luck?

The plots are:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//41/209/49

and

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Puccini/98/31/3002

You're naive! :) Just kidding, is ok to be unfamiliar.

I have conducted a land trade in the past (for much less space), and they're doable. Let me spend a sec describing the risk, though.

The Risks

The typical method is to set your land for sale to a specific person for L$1, and you trust them to do the same. Obviously these two sales don't happen together, so it's VERY EASY for one of the parties to wander off with both parcels - fairly and almost free. All they have to do is get you to put your parcel up for sale first. Linden Lab will not investigate this scenario and you have no protection against it - your land will be gone for L$1.

For this reason it's more trustworthy to deal in L$, exchanging land for a common token. It'd be much safer for you to sell your unwanted land and turn it into L$, in order to buy a larger parcel as a separate transaction.

Remember in this event, to sell your existing land before making the new purchase, as tier is calculated based on the highest amount of land you've owned within a month - and getting stung for the total of 32,768m^2 would be painful.

The Alternative

It's not clear from your SLURLs whether or not these two parcels are on the same simulator, but I'll assume they're not. If you could find a 8192m^2 parcel for sale anywhere on one of the sims you own property on already, you could end up only trading (or more ideally, selling, for reasons described above) one of the parcels and getting a second 8192m^2 parcel closer by. The advantage of this is that owning two parcels on the same simulator will allow you the full Land Impact allowance, even if they're not connected side-by-side.

Hope this helps and is clear. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.