land prims ?

Eerik Spyker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL wants to monitor the mainland to be sure the extra prims there don't cause any server problems.  The private estates will get the extra prims when they are sure it won't.  In their blog they stated that it would be a couple of months.  Read more here: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/How-Those-Land-Impact-Increases-Impact-You/ba-p/3080262

TheDandy Schism wrote:

What I'd like to know is why are the Private Full Sim Estates being discriminated against by only getting 5,000 more primage whereas the Mainland gets 7,500?

The Homestead and OS sims are the same for both so why are the Private Full Sims being "short changed"?

there is no discrimination, mainland sims, private sims and the undersorts like homesteads, open spaces, are total different products.

If you state it as you do, the mainland sims are discriminated from the start 13 yrs ago, there are no manager rights there, no restarts, no region control...a.s.o ...

And.... private estated can even rise to 30K prims instead of 20.000. Only for a small fee.

TheDandy Schism wrote:

What I'd like to know is why are the Private Full Sim Estates being discriminated against by only getting 5,000 more primage whereas the Mainland gets 7,500?

I don't know but one possible explanation is that private full sims have higher avatar limits than mainland sims. With more resources assigned to handling avatars, there is bound to be less available for other content.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

And.... private estated can even rise to 30K prims instead of 20.000. Only for a small fee.

Yeah. I think it's exactly correct that these are simply two products, the Mainland and Estate full sims, with very different economics. I mean, until recently, most Estate sims paid US$100/mo more than Mainland (and those that didn't buy-down to grandfathered tier still would, if any of those still remain.)

And for sure that 30K LI limit is a bargain for many rentals, at only US$30/mo -- a bargain not available to Mainland owners. Should the Mainlanders feel discriminated against because they won't be able to offer LI-comparable rentals at the same price?

It's also perfectly reasonable that LL would want to differentiate those two levels of Estate offerings, too, so the US$30 makes sense. So, for free, Estates get a 33% LI boost, and for a nominal extra charge they get a 100% boost. Mainlanders get a 50% boost for free with no higher option.

And finally, if Estates really don't like the deal they're getting, there's Mainland to be had for very reasonable prices. Not appealling? Gosh, I wonder why!

I really don't think I can use an extra 10k prims above the 5k I will be getting per sim, esp not on all four of my sims, but at the same time it is such a bargain I think it might be prudent to do it at some point. I don't recall them setting a time limit on buying the extra 10 k, does anyone recall anything to that effect?

I haven't seen anything suggesting there's a deadline. If I understand the intent correctly -- that they're basically adding that 30K LI "super sim" to the Land product line -- it would seem likely a permanent addition.

On the other hand, I'm surprised they enforced the deadline on buying-down to grandfathered tier, so what do I know?

You're certainly correct: it's only a "bargain" if there's use for those extra prims on a particular region, else it's just a waste of US$30 each month -- kinda the opposite of the grandfathered tier deal that just keeps paying for itself over and over, month after month.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.