i bought my first pieces of land, HELP plz

CaliForniaGirl619

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Cali

Take a look at this page explaning Joining and Subdividing Land it should provide the answers you need to combine your parcels.

As for terraforming, you can right click your and anywhere and bring up the edit menu. There is a tab with a buldozer on it (at least if you are using LL viewer) which will allow you to terraform your land any way you want. You will want to choose flatten with a high strength and size to flatten your land out. 

As a general tip - go check the classes board at NCI (New Citizens Inc.) - and see if they still offer a class on land ownership. It can be very helpful when first starting out with this.

I took it in 2009, and NCI is still out there, so I'm hoping they still offer that class.

http://www.nci-sl.info/blog/

- I don't see the land ownership class. But you can visit their busy spot and ask people:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kuula/71/173/28/

I'm standing on one of their low traffic spots right now, and I see signs for other places that also offer classes:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Jonesford%20Heights/212/192/47

So similar signs are probably at the Kuula location.

Don't be afraid, there isn't anything you can do wrong, unless you click ABANDON and then it will ask you if you really want to do that!

1. Right-Click on the land to get ABOUT LAND menu.

2. Scroll to EDIT TERRAIN

3. While staying in edit mode, drag your cursor to form a yellow box between the two parcels.

4. Click JOIN on the menu under MODIFY PARCEL

You can only terraform most mainland + or - 4 meters.  Some older mainland regions are set for + or - 100 meters.  Finally some mainland regions can't be terraformed at all.  These are regions that were specially developed by LL such as Bay City or Nautilus.  There are a few more.

If you have land in the first category and the highest land is a great deal higher than the lowest land than it may not be possible to flatten all your land completely.  Still it should be possible to flatten at least some of your land under a building and a bit around it.

You should also be a good neighbor and pay attention to the aesthetics of your region so that when you flatten your land it doesn't create 'cliffs' at the property line. Try to maintain natural land contours using the smooth tool so there is a natural transition between your land and your neighbors.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Some older mainland regions are set for + or - 100 meters. 

Actually, those older Mainland sims were +/- 40m.

(I know of one sim on Adult Mainland that's set to +/- 100, but I'm not sure that was intentional. I hope they never change it, though, or I'll lose a bunch of subterranean content.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.