What To Do With This Land

Javahi Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased land on an private estate. I paid for two months in advance. Unfortunately I need more prims than what they offer and I cant afford to purchase other land on the sim being that I would have to pay for that land tier/rent as well. so now I am stuck with this land for the next two months. What are some things I can do to make a profit off this to get some of my money back? 

not that much... could rent it to another resident, but be honest you only can rent it to him for the remaining time, or make a deal with your landlord you pass the remaining rent to another resident.

Most landlords won't give a refund, so think this might be your only option to get something back.

Before doing anything check the covenant.  Some estates will not allow you to sublease your land to another resident.  If the covenant isn't clear, ask the estate owner. 

If they don't want you to sublease and you do then you and your tenant could be evicted without refund of the money you paid.  Your tenant would also be within their rights to ask for a refund, since you should have checked this out first before subleasing the land.

iJavia wrote:

I purchased land on an private estate. I paid for two months in advance. Unfortunately I need more prims than what they offer and I cant afford to purchase other land on the sim being that I would have to pay for that land tier/rent as well. so now I am stuck with this land for the next two months. What are some things I can do to make a profit off this to get some of my money back? 

Welcome to Second Life Forums, iJavia

With your land, you may have been sent a notecard from your landlord, laying down rules and the possibility of having extra priims available to you. Or you can discuss directly with your landlord.  

If you are absolutely unable to have any more prims, then you must find ways of using what are available to you more efficiently; lower prim furniture and suchlike. 

As a previous poster suggested already, talk to your landlord.

Oftentimes, an increased prim allowance can be provided for a small fee.

Other times, the land owner may make suggestions such as replacing inefficient objects (especially freebies or older builds) with a lower-prim alternative, and the tenant discovers they really didn't need a larger prim limit anyway.

If you don't ask, the land owner can't help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.