Voice Issues on Mainland

Dakota Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with voice on mainland?

Decided to buy some mainland early December and all the voice settings on the land are as they should be to enable voice, but myself and my partner when we log into our mainland home, the voice is greyed out. We teleport somewhere else and the voice is fine.

Why should this only be an issue on mainland?

thanks for any feedback on this.

Grace Itano wrote:

Decided to buy some mainland early December and all the voice settings on the land are as they should be to enable voice, but myself and my partner when we log into our mainland home, the voice is greyed out. We teleport somewhere else and the voice is fine.

Hello Grace.

I am sorry to hear your problem.

I just want to make clear that this isn't a Mainland problem in general, but maybe a settings problem or a parcel problem.

I live a bit more than 8 years in Mainland and I never had issues.

So, now just for to make sure there is nothing wrong with the parcel settings...

I don't mention your personal settings since there are two people ( you and partner) who have the problem.

And since it works when you Teleport away, then make the case stronger for to be something wrong with parcel settings...

So, to check it out, you need to open the " about land menu" ... Go to sound and there are some boxes that we can check...

Make sure that the box named: "Restrict voice to this parcel" isn't checked.

If that is good and you still have issues then make a relog. -Sometimes the system glitches and some things don't work. A relog is the "aspirin" for this case as it is for many other cases. If ta relog doesn't help, then report it to LL.

It could be a parcel glitch and they will fix it in a "jiffy" as they say in USA

beethros Karas wrote:

If that is good and you still have issues then make a relog. -Sometimes the system glitches and some things don't work. A relog is the "aspirin" for this case as it is for many other cases. If ta relog doesn't help, then

It could be a parcel glitch and they will fix it in a "jiffy" as they say in USA

Thanks for feedback

Tried & checked everything above, but I think it is going to be a trip to the LL help desk

Thanks again

beethros Karas wrote:

Grace Itano wrote:

Hello Grace.

If that is good and you still have issues then make a relog. -Sometimes the system glitches and some things don't work. A relog is the "aspirin" for this case as it is for many other cases. If ta relog doesn't help, then

It could be a
parcel glitch
and they will fix it in a "jiffy" as they say in USA

Voice really should work on a parcel whether or not "Restict voice to this parcel" is checked.   So no need to make sure it is or isn't checked.

I'll add that it could be a region glitch requiring a region restart.

Sometimes disabling voice on the parcel a few minutes and then enabling it again will clear up a problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.