Reclaiming group land when contribution is already set to '0'

Changeling Fate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

why can't you set it for sale to yourself?

are you no premium?

normally the person chooser to who you want to sell won't show your own name, but you will have to use the search window and than select yourself.

If that not works you could think about useing a alt for it, but be away he has to be premium too and will level up to the tier level thats needed to own the land.

Changeling Fate wrote:

I am wearing the tag, yes. I don't know if i could have sold it while the land donation was in place - i went basic last month and can no longer set an allotment to the group to check. I am the owner of the group, and should have permissions to act?

As far as I'm aware, basic accounts can't own land - you need to be a premium account to buy parcels on mainland. 

Oh wow, Dore! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given the venerable "Fate" surname. I wonder, though, what you hope the ultimate outcome to be here. I mean, if you've zero'd your contribution already, you shouldn't be getting charged for it (in billing cycles following the last one when the land was held -- that is, Mainland tier is always billed in arrears).

I guess I'd recommend checking that your account is set to 0 tier on this page, that you don't somehow have any other Mainland on this page, and no tier donated to other groups on this page.

Meanwhile, next time I get in-world, I'll try to remember to check whether Dore is set to disallow resale of land. I mean, that welcome center makes it a very special region. (A Dore 512 would be worth some L$s, you know!)

indeed if you'r not a premium member you can not buy mainland.

That you were charged this month again is most likely because you still owned land during a last billing cycle.

You will not be able to re buy the groupland. If there's noboyd leveling up in tier, LL will reclaim it. And who owns it normally gets in trouble for due payment.

Changeling Fate wrote:

It IS on the mainland - Dore. I don't really -want- to buy it, but i need it off of my account. I downgraded to the free, and am still being charged for holding 512 of land. I appreciate the help, guys. Keep it coming !

If you're not interested in keeping the land, then maybe go back to premium for a month so that you can set the land for sale (and then downgrade back to free after it sales)? As premium you're allowed a 'free' 512 per month in tier, so you shouldn't be charged for it while you wait for it to sale. 

As I suspected, Dore is very special. There's simply no way to set land in Dore for sale, so I think you've done about all you can. Maybe you can still abandon the parcel, but that's not relevant to whether you'll be billed or not, which is determined only by what land you own as an individual and what tier you're donating to a group -- so if that's all zero, you won't be billed in subsequent billing cycles.

This is exactly what I needed -- it turns out that the system still has me owning land in Ondori; the 512 land that was granted via Premium membership. I assumed that'd be removed when I downgraded, but apparently it has not. Now. How do I get rid of -it-? *chuckle* The land is 'owned' by governor linden.

Changeling Fate wrote:

It IS on the mainland - Dore. I don't really -want- to buy it, but i need it off of my account. I downgraded to the free, and am still being charged for holding 512 of land. I appreciate the help, guys. Keep it coming !

This is odd because thechnically speaking the system won't let you downgrade until you've disposed of any land holdings you have.

If your account summary is showing that you are "Basic" but yet still own land you might want to file a support ticket.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

I think that sim is for Linden homes. I don't know how you would get rid of the land.

if it's indeed Lindenhomes it's pretty simple... abandon it.

But color me wrong if I am, but as far as my feeble memory goes, the system still will not let you downgrade to Basic until after you abandoned the Linden Home.

Note carefully Changeling's words:

" I downgraded to the free, and am still being charged for holding 512 of land."

It sounds to me that the charge is not Tier but the monthly Premium dues which include a com[plimentary 512 or a Linden home.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.