Possibilities swapping Linden Home for Mainland

Hieronimos Audeburgh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I became a premium member a couple of weeks ago and now I understand that it is possible to swap my Linden Home plot for a mainland area. I'm building on a very nice yacht in Blender and now I wonder if it's possible to swap the Linden Home for a mainland ocean area.

Anyone know about the options available when swapping land?

Thx in advance!

/J

Greetings, Hieronimos

Yes, it is possible to swap your Linden Home for mainland.  All you need to do is stand within your Linden Home and click on the land details and select "abandon land".

Now you will be free to browse the mainland and choose your own parcel.  If you pull up your world map, click on the option to show "land for sale" and it will all be very visible as yellow chunks of land.  These will be all different shapes and sizes, but you will be able to see which ones are 512m and closest to waterland. 

Note well, land prices in Second Life, just like in real life, can differ greatly.  Landlocked parcels on what appears to be hard stone ground can be purchased for as little as 1L$ per square metre (L$512 for a 512m parcel).  Parcels that are closer to waterland, or in more desirable locations, such as Bay City, will cost a lot more.  (Look around Alvensleben sim on the world map for a parcel of land to buy; it is close to the Blake Sea sims, which are fabulous for sailing on, if you do not know this already.)

There is much more information about land ownership on the official Second Life Knowledge Base.  You should make special note of costs of tier fees, so that if you wish to purchase more land, you can do so, up to your own personal limits.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

Actually it's not hard to find land at less then 1L$/sq.m, just spotted a 512 at L$121 (0.23L$/sq.m).  It looks like one of the less desirable plots I've seen, still saddening how land prices are dropping.

You can find water side and water parcels at 1L$/sq.m in the less prestigious areas, you will probably have to spend more time searching for these and they likely will not be in sailable waters, but they can be found.

Waterfront mainland around sailable water is in high demand generally very expenseive.  Before buying any i'd check to see what is available in the large private sailing estates. Some of them have hundreds of sims that you can sail in.   Usually the purchase price and tier is cheaper unless you are looking to own a large piece of the mainland, of a half sim or better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.