PaySafeCard

Lilo Middle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LindenLab, vient de supprimer le moyen de paiement PaySafeCard (une carte achetée anonymement dans un tabac dont on entrait le code sur des borne sur SL)

PaySafeCard est le seul moyen de paiement qui ne laisse pas de trace sur un relevé compte, ce qui est indispensable pour les nombreux couples illégitimes qui se forment sur SL. Aujourd'hui, nous sommes très nombreux a ne plus pouvoir acheter des lindens ……

Pourquoi avoir supprimé ce moyen de paiement ???

LindenLab, just remove the PaySafeCard payment method (card purchased anonymously in a tobacco which one entered the code on the terminal on SL)

PaySafeCard is the only means of payment that leaves no trace on a bank account, which is essential for the many illegitimate couples that form on SL. Today, many of us, was no longer able to buy Lindens ......

Why have removed this payment ???

They changed alot in the payment methods and closed all other exchanges. Here's the list of what they accept now:

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

More info here: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037

I believe the payment method was removed due to the fact that it is quite hard to manage multiple in-world services that are not owned by LL, but polies must still be inforced by LL.

They have added many new payment methods, unfortunately, paysafecard was not one of them. I've been using it because it was a whole lot easier to just buy a card from the convienience store, rather to go set up a payment method with my bank and what not.

However, if you use Skrill as alternative method of cashing in the paysafecards(I have not tested this, xchange4ls ripped me off on my last $50 paysafecard so I have been busy trying to get it back, therefore unable to check): https://help.skrill.com/en-us/Article/services/paysafecard/how-does-paysafecard-work-with-skrill

Alternatively, you can do what I am doing now(Which seems a bit more safe IMO), and link paypal to a checking account. It will only show up on the bank statement as "PAYPAL INST XFER". Only those with access to the paypal account will see the actual receptant of the money.

Thank you Linden Labs.

Paying for lindens with a paysafe card was my ONLY way to get even a couple of lindens without having to bust my ass off and enjoy the many joyable features sl has. I am single in real life, have not much left there, and it was for me something to look forward to. Now... you have taken it from me... again. Do you actually even want people to enjoy Second life at all or what? Why is it that every time I have found a way to at least be able to keep on playing SL... You guys come up with means to just ruin it for, not only me, but many people that have litteraly not much else left.Thank you for being boss over MY life LL... Thank you for ruiening that what I enjoy... Really... bought this week a 10 euro paysafe card and I can flush it now cause I do not use it for anything else... 10 freaking euro's, one fifth of what I can spend per week... I spend it on something I enjoy and you guys just strangled it... Really marvelous. I am so livid you really do NOT want to know. I have had it with the burocracy of bloody "Oh we have something but YOU will be eventually ruled out anyway" kind of behaviour of you guys. Get a bloody brain and realise that this is eventually what will be killing something that could have been great.

• 1 month later...

Salut, 

Perso, je ne suis pas content non plus de la nouvelle formule.....en gros on est obligé d'avoir une carte de crédit.

Avant il y avait beaucoup de moyen de payement, alors quand ils disent que la grande majorité des gens pourront acheter des L$, oui......mais quid des autres personnes ?

Il y a plein de laissés pour compte sur SL qui ne peuvent plus acheter maintenant et je trouve ca dommage.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.