Pacel Sale- No Copy Objects- Where will they go?

GingerHenderson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question regarding Parcel land sale.
If i sell my parcel and set the option 'Sell the objects with the land? as 'No, keep ownership of objects' if i have objects that are no copy, will those go in my 'Lost and Found' when the land is purchased?

I went and took a copy of all my copy objects and organize it in my inventory for future use. Was wondering about those No copy ones.

I want to leave all my stuff the way it is until someone buys then it will all go poof.

"No Copy" doesn't really have anything to do with it. In the scenario you describe, regardless of permissions, your stuff will only get returned to you if the new owner does something to make it happen or if you yourself go back to the site and retrieve them. They won't just automatically poof back to your inventory.

[EDIT: Well, theoretically, you could script a way to get them back to your inventory, but I for one would need to ponder a bit to figure out how to best make that happen both automatically and reasonably efficiently. It may not be too difficult, I'm just not sure, and would need some time-consuming testing.]

It's not what you asked, but FYI, object permissions come into play when "Yes, Sell objects with land" is selected, because that only really applies to objects over which the current owner has Transfer permission -- and after which, the next-owner permissions apply (so this is a common way to destroy objects the current landowner created with less than full-perm next-owner permissions).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.