Looking to move my sim to a sailing area and open an adult marina, any suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a full sim that I used to run as a bdsm sim and for the last 4 years rented out to Gor groups.  I recently took up sl sailing and love it!  I would like to move my sim to an open area where I have access to good sailing waters and run an adult themed marina/yacht club.  I like what they have at Eden but they won't let anyone move a sim there according to their covenant.  I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, partners, managers etc.  I work rl full time so not here a lot so I have a manager now to run my sim.  I hope to have a marina layout to help cover my tier and a nice club witrh events for some of the sailing clubs so I can become a destination for their cruises etc.  Any ideas, feedback etc woould be greatly appreciated!

This is next to impossible.  The private estates with sailing won't let you unless you find one that insists that you are willing to give up the control of your sim and pay them rent for it, which will be more than you are paying now.  All the areas around the Blake Sea are taken or controlled by the estates on it's edge.  In other areas LL won't let you move your sim to connect to any sailing water.  If this were allowed the all the spaces would be taken up by now anyway. 

The only way you can do this is to form a group with other estate owners who are willing to ban together to form a sailing area by moving their sims together and also provide water only sims.  I would suggest extreme caution and RL contracts enforced by RL courts if you go this route.  I tried it once with only a SL agreement and it was a disaster.  One person sold their estate to someone who refused to participate or move the sim, even though it was part of the agreement that they could only sell to someone who agrees with the commitment or they would move their sim prior to the sale. LL would do nothing about it.  We ended up with grassy farmland or snowy sims in the winter, surrounded by huge walls textured the same way.  The sailing area was all tropical and all the tenants on the estates ended up leaving due to this, unless the owners were willing to pay to move their sims.

Yeah, it may be that the most practical solution is to dump the Estate sim altogether and, because you want Adult, move to Zindra. It has some of the best sailing geography in SL -- although not the organized, "destination for their cruises" sort. Of course Mainland tier is much lower than Estate fees, but the up-front purchase price of a large area of Zindra waterfront would be pretty steep.

[EDIT: ... and hard to find. I'm seeing one good sailing parcel -- only a 4096 but it's double-primmed. It's listed above L$400,000, or L$100 per sq.m.]

There is a big reason mainland tiers are cheaper than private estate tiers.  Mainland regions, if you find one, don't give the owner estate rights. You won't own the region, just the land.   If you have rentals you will need to create a group for your tenants to join and set or deed the land to the group since you can't repossess the land for non payment or breaking the rules.  You only have the parcel tools to work with and can't terraform but 4 meters up or down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.