Landscaping Advice

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if anyone could give some landscaping advice for my home. More specifically, what I might do about the green space that is in front of my house and touching the water. My land extends into the water a little bit, so that is up for suggestions as well. 

I'm extremely bored and I hope this is the right subgroup to post in.

Thanks in advance! 

Nalytha wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could give some landscaping advice for my home. More specifically, what I might do about the green space that is in front of my house and touching the water. My land extends into the water a little bit, so that is up for suggestions as well. 

I'm extremely bored and I hope this is the right subgroup to post in.

Thanks in advance! 

De gustibus...and all that. I think a lot depends on your personal taste. I had some RL software once, though, that created a little model of your house and then gave you little landscape items that you could move around -- sort of a paper dolls approach. You could use Linden plants to get an approximation of size and shape.

In Second Life I look around to see what my neighbors have planted, based on my assumption (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that it is easier for Linden computers to rezz multiple identical items than multiple different items. I also consider what my view from inside the parcel is, and what people see looking towards the property.

I think horizontal yellow lines are passé, by the way...

Thanks Alwin. Yes, there is a covenant here. So as far as the ground goes, the only rule I can find is no complete ground cover texture. Items are fine, but you can't for example put a platform of new grass or something like that.

I was thinking of some sort of assortment of plants to cover up that raised portion of the patio. And maybe some leaves under the trees (which are mine and I have different colors)

Not really sure what to do in front of the stairs. Some sort of path? I don't know. 

I don't think I can do a beach, due to the covenant that says we must stay in theme. There are beach themed parcels. When looking at neighbors I see some use something like a small wooden dock. The water behind me is sea but the water in front of the house is more like a river. There are houses on the opposite side of it. I will try to take some pics

Pretty simple. A nice cottage garden, but highlight the river.

• 1 Willow from Nadine Reverie on the left side front house
  • 1 tyre swing from Cheeky Pea hanging from that (PG of course)

• Along the river put Skye's Cuesta Rocks so that you have a rock back to the river.
  • Get some Botanical ferns and great ferns and add those in along the new riverbank
  • Botanical Waterlillies and Bullrushes in the river, along the rocks
  • Scatter some Heart Foxgloves and some full perm daisies from Reid Parkin in with the ferns

• The path, hmm, Stone Pathway from IvanBenjammin
  • Get some Heart clover from her undergrowth pack, along the sides of the path, use more foxgloves

• Some Kidd Garden Centre Lavender - maybe 4 of these, 2 each side of the path.

Thank you so much for your advice. I'm going to look into those possibilities. 

Lol@ the PG Swing. Sometimes I feel like the most prudish person on Second Life. All of my furniture is PG. I refuse to buy adult versions. 

That river can really be highlighted so beautifully. Don't forget the sounds, the river, some ducks, Maybe frogs. Lost Creek Digital Arts has some great animated frogs that also croak, that are nice to watch swimming.

There is no need for a dock, really, unless you put a chair on it and a fire pit/brazier to keep warm. 

I really would start at the river itself and then flow back to the house, make an outside room, a place to sit and watch and listen. Putting down the waterlillies and bullrushes as inspiration.

Someone was kind enough to show me their land after reading this post. They had this adorable floating bed setup. While I was shopping, I happened to see this floating bed (PG) and knew I had to get it. Far from done, but I'm really enjoying this setup. It feels really calming to just sit here. I'm definitely going to take your advice about the sounds and still work on sprucing up the river bank. Thank you so much 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.