Land transfer, how does it work?

SweetLadyMell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all,

Recently, a dear friend and owner of a Sim passed away...Miss Lucie was a dear friend and now leaves a whole family behind. Though the tier may not be the obstacle, the ownership is. With her passing, the sim may dissappear.

What are our options? A petition was set up, if Linden wants to accept this plea, it'd be great. Proof of her passing may never be possible...anonimity being the main thread here...

I figured, as long as the rent gets paid for, the sim could continue...

I'm somewhar devastated, so any kind words are welcome

Mell

xxx

Hi. Sorry for the loss. As for your question, I am not 100% sure on this too. But if the land is owned by someone (landlord) or an estate management and you're just renting, you can talk to the owner of the estate. The decision will be his discretion. But if we are talking about a full sim or mainland parcel that Miss Lucie owned under her own account, I think Linden Lab will ask for further proof otherwise anyone can just claim that the owner of the land has passed away and ask for the it to be transferred to the person claiming. I am not sure. Hopefully everything works for you.

thanks for this...and yes, the further proof is the challenge...save from a real life pic on her profile, we have nothing to go on...

Of course, a mere "claim" will not transfer the rights...we can only hope...or...transfer the whole thing to a new sim...kinda...move on...

She died on cancer I heared...a foe that has no mercy...

Mell

xxx

Agreed. The situation is sad for those involved, but it's really a powerful reminder that anything like this must be arranged in advance. The fact that in this case no such prior arrangements seem to have been made amounts to an instruction to the Lab that the owner's intent was for everything to disappear after the payments ran out. Probably there's nothing legally binding to require them to follow those tacit non-instructions, but it does seem the most prudent course. (If instead they were to comply with such petitions, some of the time they'd end up getting sued by the family or somebody else with standing in court.)

Indeed,

My "back-of-the-head" thought too, if there is no RL arangement, the sim is bound to dissappear. I'd like to make a note to place this whole in context. I hope NOT to have rubbed any fur the wrong way, if so, I apologise beforehand.

Miss Lucie was what is known as a Domme, with her passing, a handfull subbies are now left behind alone. In this culture, a D/s relation is a balance between giving and receiving (as with all relationships) - the actual question I think is not realy the Sim, but more the fact that the ones left behind are lost (a bit more than others) with this...

In simple terms, the one depends on the other, and that dependency is stronger on the sub side than on the Dom side...basically...kids that lost their mom...

Again, sorry if I have upset some reader as this is not realy PG stuff, it was only my intention to illustrate the human mechanisms here :)

Kisses to all...

Mell

xxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.