Land purchase

RoyBlakeley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Which is cheapest?

i just spent 10 dollars buying Lindens for two weeks rent. I don't want to spend that much again because right now I can't afford it. 

It seems like there are lots of houses I see with noone there. Does that mean that even if I stop paying my house won't be taken down? 

I dkn where that house is or who is the landlord..

Or if it is a premium house that goes with the premium membership..

The cheapest is something flou...

Its all about prims.

The more prims you get the more you pay.

Try to make a search in the Land Forum and you will find a lot of rental offers.

Just be sure who is the one you renting from..

It has been reported crooks from time to time who offer cheap lands and then they disapear with the money and you get no land.

1 What's a prim? 

2 And what is the average land rental price?

3 Will my house get taken down if my lease expires?

4 Seriously if it keeps costing this much I might just let my lease expire. 

1 prim = primitive =  building block ... nearly everything in sl is based on prims (and landimpact). On a 512 sqm parcel you have 117 prim/land impact ..means you can rezz items till you reach that . It is not much...512 sqm is relly a starter parcel, you will grow out of that soon if you like things around you.

2 depends totally on the amount of land. here you find nearly everything.. https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

For privat renting you will have to look at several landlords, most will be around the same level for rents... rental market is killing.

3 yes you can wait on that everything will get returned to your inventory and you will be out.. some will give a day or two grace, but than it's over. If you'r really overdue most will also ban you form the sim/land/estate

4 yes land keeps costing... there are also rentals for 60 L weekly...but you will not be able to do anything serious there... very limited in prim use.

Roy, there is a very good class on land buying/land renting offered each Friday at 5 pm at Caledon Oxbridge.  The class is free.  I've taken the class before and found it very helpful.   Search for Caledon Oxbridge in-world, the class is in their Lecture Hall.  Not only are the tips good, but the instructor takes you out to several parcels, so you can really get a hands-on  understanding of what to look for when buying/renting land and using the land control tools. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.