Land impact total doesn't match up with object land impact figures from edit window???

Fennet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did a lot of work on my tiny 512m parcel last night, but I was very careful to clean up and used beacons and highlighting to make sure I didn't leave anything laying around. I can't find a single speck left over, and I looked above ground and underneath it.

Here's my problem.

I started out with a land impact total of 65. I'm allowed 175. I added two (2) prims, and my total shot from 65 to 174.

First I added a small transparent prim with an animated water texture, and I made sure I removed the script. The edit window for the object reads "land impact 1".

Next I added was a mesh rock with a particle bubbler, once again, I removed the script and the editor says it has a land impact of 1. 

Neither item was overly complex or large, neither one was stretched, in fact I reduced the size of both considerably from the original. My land impact total should have gone up by 2 points as far as I can tell, but it leapt from 65 to 174 after I did all the work. Over the course of furnishing the island this is the first time anything remotely like this has happened and I just don't get it.

The numbers always tallied up in the past.

(I have three animated features inside my house, one fire lamp that I think uses particles, and none of them raised my land impact total beyond what the editor tells me. They all have the scripts removed too, except maybe for a bed and a small on/off lamp I'm not allowed to modify.).

I need to keep at least108 units of land impact available so I can pull out my cats when I want to play with them. I debated removing the new items to see what would happen, but they took so much work to install. Is it possible that all the opening and moving things around caused the number to skyrocket and it just hasn't been updated yet, or is there another culprit?

I don't know of any way to pull up a list of everything on the island, but I went around with my edit window and checked each object against what it said. My total came to 67 according to the figures from the object editor.

This is extremely frustrating for me as a first-time SL renter. Please tell me if you have any idea what's going on.

OK, answered my own question; it's the region, or the grid, or the server; not anything I did. Last time I checked, my land impact was 67, as it should be.

But I could not move. Every time I tried to walk, run, swim, or fly, I was immediately turned around and returned to the same spot, inside a rock! I could teleport to another location, but still couldn't control my avatar.

Strange goings on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.