How do I report an entire sim?

AikoSaito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok,, so Im wandering around looking for "beachy" places to visit.     I have the "A" for "Adult" rated box unchecked because Im not looking for places that are overtly naughty, because I just want to listen to music hang out and be social.

I wander into a place called "Sexy Nude Beach - The Original @ terra concepts".  Its rated "M" for Moderate not "A" for adult.  Im looking around and seeing all sorts of Adult rated content. Then I recieve an IM from a mod telling me I have to leave because its an adult sim!

Shouldnt this place be rated "A" for Adult if thats the case?  And shouldnt they be forced to move to "A" rated land?

Acording to the Maturity ratings page they are violating that. so why are they allowed to stay on "Moderate" rated land if they are actualy an "Adult" rated sim?

Moderate 

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search.

AikoSaito wrote:

Ok,, so Im wandering around looking for "beachy" places to visit.     I have the "A" for "Adult" rated box unchecked because Im not looking for places that are overtly naughty, because I just want to listen to music hang out and be social.

I wander into a place called "Sexy Nude Beach - The Original @ terra concepts".  Its rated "M" for Moderate not "A" for adult.  Im looking around and seeing all sorts of Adult rated content. Then I recieve an IM from a mod telling me I have to leave because its an adult sim!

Shouldnt this place be rated "A" for Adult if thats the case?  And shouldnt they be forced to move to "A" rated land?

Acording to the Maturity ratings page they are violating that. so why are they allowed to stay on "Moderate" rated land if they are actualy an "Adult" rated sim?

Moderate 

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search.

How exactly do you "wander" into a place called "Sexy Nude Beach", in a region called (wait for it) "Sexy Nude Beach", and not expect it to be, well, a sexy nude beach? Incidentally, that region is an M-rated region that also contains a landscaping store, but it's directly attached to an "A" rated region that specifically sells sexual items. Are you sure you didn't "wander" across the border into the "A" rated region?

Theresa Tennyson wrote:
Incidentally, that region is an M-rated region that also contains a landscaping store, but it's directly attached to an "A" rated region that specifically sells sexual items. Are you sure you didn't "wander" across the border into the "A" rated region?

yes. and yes I think

is pretty popular that beach. Is a kinda hookup place where people go to chat and well, hookup. Dot wise the M sim is always pretty full. And hardly any dots on the A sim next door, like almost zero. Except for the odd wanderer who has never been to that beach before

AikoSaito wrote:

Then I recieve an IM from a mod telling me I have to leave because its an adult sim!

Why would this happen?

Does "adult" mean a rating of content maturity, or is this about apparent avatar age?

Those are related considerations, of course, but there's much content appropriate to Mature sims that would be inappropriate to child avatars, and in any case, the landowner may choose to ban child avatars from areas where LL doesn't specifically ban them. For example, the landowner may be uncomfortable with child avatars on nude beaches, even if LL says it's okay.

If this has nothing to do with avatar age, never mind, and sorry for the distraction. But then, why would a moderator tell you you need to leave an adult sim?

in this particular case, I just wanted to see what was there because I hadn't been there before,(atleast I didnt think I had been, if so not for a long time)  and it has such a high traffic count so it was obviously popular.

I had barely stepped off the teleport area when I got the IM.

So I guess this isn't so much about this sim in particular, But ALL such sims. It just seems to me that if its Adult themed in any way, then it should be on an "A" rated sim. not "M".

Supposedly You have to Age verify to even be able to enter an "A" rated sim. I thought this was part of the main point of the rating system.

But,, if its actually a sex sim, then any real life under age person can get into that sim without any age verification at all because its rated "M" not "A". And by default, any avi can enter a "G to M" rated sim without any verification at all.

Maybe I'm just being dense, but I still don't understand why they'd IM you at all.

It may be helpful (or not) to note that the criteria for needing an "Adult" maturity rating were intentionally set about as extreme as possible. I mean, nude beaches are completely fine on "Mature" land, and sex is fine on Mature land, too, as long as it's not out in the open (i.e., not on the beach), even places selling prim genitals. That was very much on purpose: LL did not want to push all the profitable, sexy land to new Adult-rated sims. Instead, they hoped to move only the most extreme content that offended many folks because that's what made the most business sense.

As I understand it, all the old age-verification stuff for accessing Adult content was replaced some time ago by self-reported age. (The old age-verification approach was completely useless, at best, and a liabiity time-bomb, differing from industry norm.)

Underage users are restricted to G-rated sims, aren't they?

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.