Group Access to build on group owned land

MyLadyRed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone :) My partner and I are fairly new in this virtual world and we have a question in regards to owning land as a group. I bought a mainland property under our group name but only I can build on it. I want my partner to be able to build on it as well. I put him down as a member and his role was as an owner, but he still cant build or edit the property. What are we not doing? Please help....

Try looking at the Options tab of About Land: is "Build" enabled for Group? [EDIT: apparently so, from your previous reply]

If that's already set (and I thought it was the default), then... he is actually in the group, right? he can activate it? (Ideally, everybody should always activate the group while building on the land, to make it easy to enable auto-return on the Objects tab to keep things tidy.)

If indeed he is already really in the group... any chance he's trying to build by rezzing on the surface of a mesh object? That is extremely buggy, and apt to be interpreted as far away from the indicated location (on another parcel altogether).

Hi everyone Sorry I got it wrong, my partner is saying he cant edit the terrain of the group property. He cant communicate with the animals that I put on the property. If i put a house on the property, he cant edit the house. so sorry about before but any advice is greatly appreciated

Yeah, those are very different things.

First, editing terrain: Somebody in the "Owner" Role should be able to do that because that Role includes all the Abilities -- notably, the parcel power of "Always allow 'Edit Terrain'". It should not be necessary for him to activate the Owner title, but it's worth doing that to make sure his viewer has registered the fact that he really has the Owner role in the group. (If a fresh login session since the role was assigned, it should.) Otherwise... there's really not much that can go wrong. Some Mainland parcels don't allow terraforming by anybody, could that be it?

Communicate with the animals: Assuming the animals are set (not deeded) to the group, it would be up to the scripter whether they listen to anybody besides the owner. There may possibly be a setting to authorize others.

Edit the house: If he just wants to be able to move it around, then try checking "Share with group" on the "General" tab of the object edit tool. If he is to actually change the appearance or contents of the house object, then you'll need to grant him the abiity to edit *all* your stuff, in your friend settings -- and even then, some things won't be possible. I think, for example, he won't be able to link/unlink your stuff, regardless of any settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.