Going premium and receiving a home, then drop?

Feorlinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I jknow that you can sign up for a premium membership and receive a home in Second Life, but what happens if you drop back to a f2p membership? Does your home go away, or can you still keep it? Thanks!

Feorlinn wrote:

Hello, I jknow that you can sign up for a premium membership and receive a home in Second Life, but what happens if you drop back to a f2p membership? Does your home go away, or can you still keep it? Thanks!

Hi Feorlinn

You have to be a premium, to own a Linden Home. If you drop back to f2p, you cannot keep the home.

In fact, you even have to drop/abandon the Linden Home, before you can go back to basic free membership...If you do not get rid of your L-Home, LL will keep billing you for premium membership, even if you try to go back to f2p.

You do not have to be a premium member to have your own house though...You can have a basic account, and just buy a house in an inworld shop, or in MarketPlace, and rent some land from another resident, and put your purchased home there...and pay a weekly fee, for renting your piece of land. 

Feorlinn wrote:

Thanks, that was really helpful!

You are welcome...

I forgot to mention, that you can also rent a piece of land with a house, from some rentals instead of buying a house....Some houses you rent, can even already be furnished, with some private prims for yourself to use for further decoration :matte-motes-smile:

Try to have a look in the search function inworld, and type rentals, in the places-tab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.