Going ahead with acount upgrade few question :)

EpicGamer1982

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so iv decided I will go for upgraded membership just have a few questions first ok so I do not want at all a linden home so I will go and buy my own mainland now I'm going to be paying by the month if I was to go for a 1024 plot how much extra would that be each month on top of the account payment thought easy to ask here than try and work things out lol ? And when buying lane how can I make Sure the land I'm buying is from linden ?or does that not matter ?

A 1024 would need an additional 512 sq.m. of tier beyond "bonus" 512 that comes with your Premium membership. That extra 512 costs US$ 5 per month. You can find this information here in your "dashboard" under Land Manager / Land Use Fees.

Just in passing, that first step is the most expensive tier there is, per sq.m., so you might consider "renting" tier from somebody who does that sort of thing (which requires that the land be group-owned). Another option is to just create another Premium alt -- which is a lot cheaper, net of stipend.

You don't especially want to buy from Linden Lab directly. In fact, the only way you could even do that is by winning an auction. Instead, the vast majority of SL land is bought from private parties -- but you do want to be sure you're buying Mainland (because otherwise, on private Estates, the whole Premium membership and tier-payment stuff simply doesn't apply). It's probably obvious whether land is on a Mainland continent, but one way to check is in the About Land window's "Covenant" tab, which will list the Type as "Mainland / Full Region".

You didn't ask this, but in case it matters, you may want to check that the land has a maturity rating appropriate to its intended use, "Adult", "Mature", or "General".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.