Feet stuck inside a 1 prim grass bed

Aya Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a pacel on a mainland, therefore I cant texture the ground (I wanted a grass floor) so I build a 1 prim grass bed, lower the ground as possible and placed it on the ground.
Problem is, my feet are "drowned" inside the grass bed. No matter how low or high I place it, my feet are still stuck inside the bed.
Any suggestions please on how to fix that?
I use FireStorm.

There is a device on the marketplace called "Landmap Pro" that allows you to retexture mainland.

It actually creates sculpts that hug the surface and to which you can apply any texture you like. I've used it with great sucess for many years now. 

It does take skill and patience to use, and you do get the typical sculpty blobs as they load, but I still think it's the best possible solution.

There are a few places that use it along the Heterocetera train tracks if you ever get bored and spend a day travelling the railroads there.

I use the Firestorm viewer. For me it goes like this: Select the object, go into edit mode. Object tab, there you can set Physic, Phantom or Temporary, so you select Phantom. If an object is set to phantom you can walk right trough it. Another viewer might be a bit different but similar.

EDIT: this still does not explain why you drown in a lawn tho. If it were mesh I would blame bad physics but for a normal prim.... you got me :catlol:

I was thinking hover height too as I read this. If your prims isn't phantom you should be able to adjust your hover height. There is an easy to get to setting on the Quick Preferences Panel 

Typically I have to change my hover height often. Partly this is because of physics of prims versus ground versus mesh and party when you change the height of feet (mesh bodies for sure, possibly also with foot shapes on legacy avatars.

You might also try going to a sandbox and making your prim there to see if it is a sim issue. And inviting a friend over to see if they fall in too might be a clue to if it is the prim or 'you'.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.