Estate Manager Roles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I understand that an estate manager can do the same as an owner, but can an owner override it? For instance, can an estate manager sell the land? I know they can make it so an owner can't sell the land, but can the owner override it? Also, if I just give them options in the group, will they be able to perform those task on parcelled land that is being rented?

Thank you.

there are a few differences to make first...

owner is not always the same as the estate owner, the functions and powers are not exactly the same

a owner can be just a estate manager, in special you see this at estate rentals, the land is sold, but the estate rights keep to the original company/owner. The estate owner can always overrule the manager or "landowner" .

a estate manager can not apply somebody else to estatemanager, but can make one land manager and still practicly do the same by using groups.

Who can sell the land.... could be everyone if the estate owner decides to grant that abillitie, but he always can reclaim the land ....

The estate owner is the only one that can bake terrain and save a RAW file.  An estate manager can do pretty much anything else an estate owner can do.

NOTE that if your estate manager sells the land and you as the estate owner didn't want to, you can't override that once the land is sold.  You can only repossess the land.  You also can put settings back where you want them if the estate manager does something you don't like, but the estate manager can change them again at any time.

If you use groups rather than estate manager rights, and the group owns the land then it is up to you what powers you give people in your group, but, they couldn't change things that are only in the estate controls only those that are in the parcel controls.  Once the land is sold (if you title the land to the renter) then the person acting as your agent is powerless to do things on that parcel.  You as the estate owner would have to repossess the land to give them those powers back. 

Gamja Myanamotu wrote:

OK I get you. So, if I buy a full private island, i am the estate owner. If I assign someone to estate manager they can sell the estate but I can always get it back, right?

the estate is on your name and ownership , they ( estate manager ánd even normal local landowners if you allow ) can sell the land, and you as estate owner can always reclaim the landownership

The estate ownership is a agreement between you and LL, no normal resident transaction at any level can get in between of that.

• 6 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.