Doubts about buying land

Shinidri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a non-Premium member, you have several options:

• You can rent Mainland from Premium landowners.
  • You can rent Estate parcels from the Estate owners. (The rental contract may be established by "buying" the land from the Estate. This is really confusing, but it's still just a rental.)
  • You can even start your own Estate and buy whole Estate sims from the Lab without becoming Premium (although non-Premium Estate owners are granted some Premium support benefits anyway).

(It's not what you asked, but for completeness: Premium membership comes with a weekly stipend, and if you do the math, an annual-plan Premium membership is really inexpensive when offset by 52 of those weekly stipends -- so inexpensive that the free 512 sq.m. "bonus" tier works out to the least expensive land you can own in SL.)

Hello Shinidri. I can buy land for you and then rent it to you. It will end up being a lot cheaper for you (the more land I own, the cheaper the costs, and I can pass the savings on to you). I have sent you some information in-world. I will be happy to help.

In general you can RENT much cheaper than paying tier these days (not even considering the cost to buy). The best deals are mainland and there are a few companies that basically rent a a buch a prim per week.

So for example a 300 prim parcel would be 300 a week which is much cheaper than tier UNLESS you get together with friends or alts and buy land for a group. If you want an apartment, there are some pretty nice ones for about $2 a prim per week which includes the house and very nice neighborhoods.

Check the classifieds and go exploring. It is great fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.