Does anyone know what has become of "your Home" real estate?

JamesSherwoodJr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see a lot of advertisement in the marketplace for land for rent from "YourHOME".  I have looked at their in world locations and see a lot of their sims are locked due to past due tiers.  They have been locked for quite some time, many months that I can say.  However  I also see mainland parcels from them that are for rent, and the tier appears to have been paid on those.  I have sent messages to ALL the agents listed numerous times and have yet to get a response from any of them.  Does anyone know the status of this real estate company?  The pricipals appear to be, Jillian Pizzaro, Madison Mesmeriser and Medea Mesmeriser.  Any insight as to whether they are still around and still in business would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

James

I'm not sure what you're looking at to conclude "their sims are locked due to past due tiers." What I see are their own little rental box "HOLD" markers with "PARCEL ON HOLD / Tier Overdue" hovertext, which is something else altogether.

I doubt it's even possible for an Estate to have private regions with fees overdue to the Lab. Well, maybe if you're Anshe, but generally, I always understood it to be pay-up or *poof*.

Anyway, they have at least three Mainland land-holding groups that I found with a few parcels for rent, tier paid-up, holding over four regions (including some rather pricey Bay City stuff, if they ever need to generate cash).

Hello Qie,

My apologies if the wording I used was confusing or inaccurate.  Yes indeed the hovertext over the rental boxes does say exactly as you typed.  I was simply trying to paraphrase.  I do not understand what the difference between locked and "PARCEL ON HOLD / Tier Overdue".  The boxes have appeared the same way for several months, and as I said, I have sent several messages to all of the principals listed, and have not receieved a reply for months from any of them.  Could you please clarify for me what the difference is, as you said it's something else altogether?  I genuinely dont know the difference other than semantics.

I agree they have some parcels that are for rent.  There is one parcel directly in front of some land I do own, which is what prompted my question.  When I became an active member here about 7 months ago, my GF and I looked for land and found land owned them, and saw all the boxes we found at that time were "PARCEL ON HOLD / Tier Overdue".  Both her and myself sent several messages, and neither of us ever had a reply.  So when we found a parcel of mainland owned by them, and available again without the hovertaxt of "PARCEL ON HOLD / Tier Overdue", I inquired again about the land.  Yet again, I received  reply from any of the principals.  I was, and am still confused as what their status is at this time.  Thank you in advance for helping me clear up the difference in what I typed in paraphrasing, and the literal wording over the rental box.

We're still fairly new here, and learning.

James

It's possible I misunderstood what you were saying; I only meant that the company doesn't seem to be out of business, as you've observed, too. I can't get in-world now to see if there's any hint of a better way to contact the owners, or some way to rent those parcels that are "locked" because the former tenant didn't pay rent.

(I thought you were suggesting that the Estate owners weren't paying Linden Lab the monthly fees for the regions where the rentals were located; but instead what we've seen is that some parcels on those regions haven't had rent paid to the Estate owners -- and are presumably therefore available to rent. I certainly agree that there should be some better way to indicate a parcel's availability as a rental than to have "LOCKED" on its rental box -- or whatever those things are.)

I'll try to investigate more tomorrow, when I can get back in-world and look around.

Qwal, I think the answer is here: "There is one parcel directly in front of some land I do own, which is what prompted my question."

God knows I've tried to "do business" with a wide assortment of difficult, even unsavoury neighbours in my history of owning Mainland.

Hello Qual,

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I own land and they have a parcel directly in front of this land.  I was, and still am a little confused as to how some of their land can be listed as "PARCEL ON HOLD / Tier Overdue"., while other land appears to have been paid and for rent.  I understand that sometimes real life situations occur that may cause some members to be away for a period of time.such as   Injury, illness, financial matters, family matters, temporary job relocation, etc.  I would be interested in buying the land adjacent to the land I own outright, but haven't been able to contact any of the principals.  Hence my inquiry as to the status of the company and the principals.  

James

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.