Do not have access to my home

Pete Ovis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I have been renting some land on a homestead for a few months when I logged in today and got a "Sorry you do not have access to that teleport destination"   I assumed it could be a restart or offline.

I checked the map, it wasn't in red to show it was offline, so I tp'd to a sim nearby and cammed out and the homestead appears to be gone altogether.

I've had no contact with the landlord since renting there, as their either, hardly ever online or on a different timezone.

Yesterday I got a message to say my rent had less than a day left and was due, everything looked normal so I paid the tier.

My house and all objects have not been returned to me, so I'm wondering what if anything am I able to do to at least get my items back, I 've messaged the owners and have had no reply.

Any advice would be appreciated

Let's see if we can help you out here before you get bombarded with pages copied/pasted from the wiki, or people standing up on soapboxes with megaphones.

I tried to access the sim as per our convo inworld, no joy.

It could possibly be an issue on the sim, so I've filed a support ticket, see what comes of that.

Otherwise, have to wait for the estate owners, or estate manager, to answer you.

best regards,

Adamburp Adamczyk.

Thanks guys for your help and info, it really is most appreciated :matte-motes-smile:

I did a re log and checked inventory  nothing there, if there's no issues with the sim it's not looking good, I've had this happen before with renting and the owner not paying their fee's, so the land was taken back but after logging in to nothing  I still got my items returned..

Two ideas, just in case you didn´t think of it yet yourself:

- your items might have been returned in 1 'coalesced object' that has a name you maybe didn´t look for when checking your inventory and Lost&Found folder

- for the items you lost, if you remember the creators, or have the folder with their info-NC still, you could tell them your plight and ask if they´d redeliver the item, at least for no transfer items I think most will do

Depends on the creator. They are well in their right to say 'no', as they can´t know if you sold it and just want to sneak another one, but saying 'no' is the most they can do, so no harm in asking politely, some might be sympathetic with your story.

Hello all

Just an update in case anyone's interested.

I managed to find out who the owners were renting the homestead from, and spoke to a manager who told me they owed tier on the homestead and were restricting access until it was paid,  hence why I couldn't teleport home.

I was also told I am unable to get my things back ie: house furniture etc,  unless I decided to rent through them different land rather than subletting to the owners, who still havent been online and wont answer messages for whatever reason.

I can see where their coming from, but I think still pretty unfair, seeing as I'm just a tenant and tried to do the right thing and pay rent on time, I had just paid $1000L for a weeks rent and havent been able to be there at all.

Stuck in the middle and in limbo until the owners decide to come back online:matte-motes-frown:

Frankly, this sounds like a good reason for yet another support ticket, to see if Lindens can return your objects. It also sounds abusive.

The land owners are very much aware of your situation and they also know you are in innocent party. There is no reason for them to hold your objects ransom in exchange for your business. Just the fact that they would do this is reason enough to never rent from them or from anyone else who rents from them.

There is always a possibility of real life emergencies concerning your landlord however, this really is the type of thing a responsible business should have prepared for. In any case, this doesn't excuse the landowner's behavior.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.