Disabling a telehub for one parcel?

maeglutz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there :3 I rent a homestead, and a friend of mine would like to rent a parcel off of me. I run a store, and the rest of my homestead is used as a sandbox. I like to have a telehub in a welcome area, so visitors will pass past the rules, and are not randomly teleported into the sandbox. Can I disable the telehub from one parcel, but keep it so the other two direct to the telehub? I have been messing around with settings, but with no luck. Thanks :)

No, a telehub once set is for the entire region.  You can however disable it and set the landing point for your parcel with the store where you want people to land then set the telport routing to the landing point.  You'll find both in the land tools under the Option tab.  You can then set another landing point for the rental parcel that is different or just leave that one set to teleport anywhere, or let your fiend decide what option they want. You tenant should be able to set home there anyway if you are going to deed the land to them.  If not, you can create a group and invite you friend in a role of tenant that you create and in the Roles tab, give them that authority.

The spawn points won't do much for you this time, they are to help prevent avatar pile ups at busy telehubs by spreading out the landing to a few points, with no particular order you could exploit for your current problem.

To work around your current problem, choose a spot on a border common to your store and sandbox parcels, and set each parcel's landing point to a spot very near that border point. Technically it's two landing spots, but it they are right next to each other, they can use a common greeter and signage and look the same to a visitor.

Oh, if that would be too disruptive to your layout, remember that a parcel does not have to be contiguous. You could take a single 4x4 square, subdivide it to its own parcel, then join it to the remote parcel, and finally set the landing points as above.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.