Combing two parcels

BelleRella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

BelleRella wrote:

I rent two adjacent parcels.  I wonder if there is a way to combine them so that when i set my breedables' range to parcel, they range on the entire combined parcel.

Hello.

Its like Alwin says. Only the land owner will know the answer to this question, because he/she have set the rules to allow their tenants to do these things.

Now, I will take the risk to give you the "how to" in case your landlord have already given you this ability.

To join/merge 2 parcels and then have them as one you need to do the following:

a) Stand on one of the parcels and right mouse click on the ground.

b) Select: Edit terrain and leave the pop up menu open.

c) Left Click on the ground.

You can see now you created a yellow square line.

d) Walk close to the point where the 2 parcels are close enough.

(Note: we can merge 2 parcels in the SAME sim , even if they don't have common borders!)

e) Left Click on ground again and hold it this time. Then drag your mouse, until your yellow square line enter  the second parcel.

f) Stop holding the mouse , just let it and a new menu pops up!

There you can see now a "JOIN" button is highlighted and if you click it the 2 parcels will be one!

The result  will be one parcel with the sum of meters and prims of the two parcels.

Example: we join 2 parcels of 1024m - 234 prims each.. We will get one parcel of 2048m - 468 prims.

Hope my English was good enough to let you know how to merge/join 2 parcels in the same sim!

Wish you lots of fun in your Secondlife!

beethros Karas

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, Xindi70 said:

beethros Karas you mentioned being able to merge non-adjacent parcels within the same region.  How do you go about doing this?

Follow his instructions where he says "

e) Left Click on ground again and hold it this time. Then drag your mouse, until your yellow square line enter  the second parcel.

f) Stop holding the mouse , just let it and a new menu pops up!

There you can see now a "JOIN" button is highlighted and if you click it the 2 parcels will be one!

The result  will be one parcel with the sum of meters and prims of the two parcels."

It is still quite hard to connect the parcels in Edit if they're distant.  You need a long drawing distance and a steady hand.  It just occurred to me though that the animals might try to wander across other parcels.  Without knowing how their scripts work I can't be sure, but I suspect they might end up in a heap while encountering the parcel border.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

• 2 months later...

I followed the instructions that Beethros Karas posted and it did work with a minor problem.

the land was joined together with the total of both lots as area, but it did not combine the

prim allowance for both lots, it still states I have 702 prims allowed for that merged lot.

is there a way to correct this issue?

4 hours ago, sashaspooky said:

it did not combine the

prim allowance for both lots, it still states I have 702 prims allowed for that merged lot.

is there a way to correct this issue?

no it's correct, as soon you own two plots in one region it already shows the total of available Li/prims

• Like 1

Now that is what I do not understand.  Before the merge, I bought 2 adjacent lots, each 1024 M2, both listed region capacity of 

702.  After the merge the M2 total became 2048, but the capacity remained at 702.  Now it seems to me that if the land amount

doubled, then so should the capacity.  This is how it worked when I merged 2 lots to create my first land purchase.  the original

lots were also adjacent and both the land amount and capacity were added together.  Maybe things have changed since the 

beginning of the year, when I enlarged my first property, but I have not heard of any changes.

1 hour ago, sashaspooky said:

Now that is what I do not understand.  Before the merge, I bought 2 adjacent lots, each 1024 M2, both listed region capacity of 

702.  After the merge the M2 total became 2048, but the capacity remained at 702.  Now it seems to me that if the land amount

doubled, then so should the capacity.  This is how it worked when I merged 2 lots to create my first land purchase.  the original

lots were also adjacent and both the land amount and capacity were added together.  Maybe things have changed since the 

beginning of the year, when I enlarged my first property, but I have not heard of any changes.

two parcels /one owner = the Li of both together... linking to one parcel doesn't change the amount and in fact it also doesn't double the land, it only makes a total, what the Li already showed.

It perhaps worked otherwise many many years ago, but for sure not since recently.

2 hours ago, sashaspooky said:

This is how it worked when I merged 2 lots to create my first land purchase.

That's really strange. If you own more than one parcel in the same sim, their prim quotas are merged even if the parcels aren't joined. That's nothing new, it's been that way for years.

In any case, 702 prims is about right for 2048 m2 land, so that is correct.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought they started out saying they were renting..so this must be on a private region. Otherwise, can Mainland renters get parcel join rights?

The original question had already been answered and then somebody else chimed in with a related topic and that's where we are now.

It is possible to give mainland renters the right to join parcels but you have to give your tenants very extensive powers over all your land for it and it's not needed very often. So it's much easier for the landowner to do that job whenever it's needed. There are some potential serious problems too. For a start, guess who's going to be AR'ed if one fo your tenant starts playing around with land cutting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sashaspooky said:

Before the merge, I bought 2 adjacent lots, each 1024 M2, both listed region capacity of 702. 

Note that's "Region capacity" -- both parcels were reporting the total for the region. Individually, though, those 1024s would have each shown a "Parcel land capacity" of 351 which indeed doubled when they were merged. (Assuming that's all the land with this owner in this region, the merged parcel will now show the same Parcel land capacity as Region capacity.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.