Changing Tier after a sale please help

AsteridSolanaceae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So your plan is to sell your land without paying tier on it at all? No dice I'm afraid.

Your tier payment is made up from the maximum holdings you had this month. If that maximum is worth $195, then paying this month will be inevitable.

Next month - now that you hold nothing - your tier payment will be zero. Reducing this month has an effect next month, after you've paid for the maximum utilised tier this month.

Good luck!

Yes, but you owned it during this month (in LL's terms: this 'billing cycle').

Therefore you still have tier due to pay. It doesn't matter that your land usage is now 0m^2, your peak amount for this month is still due to be debited.

If you've completed a billing cycle since selling the land, then your maximum holdings would be 0m^2, and you'd have zero tier to pay. It doesn't sound like this is the case.

See here:-

wrote:

The Land Use Fee is a monthly charge for the
peak amount of mainland land held during the previous 30 days
, including actual parcels held and land tier donated to groups. See
and Use Fees for examples.

as Freya already explained...

if you own land yesteday, you sell it today, and your tier is due tomorrow, you will pay for the full holding.

Even when you owned it only one single minute in this billing cycle, you pay the full amount.

Next billing cycle, starting tomorrow the tier will be zero.

If you try to remove the billing method, before LL can bill you, they  will block your acocunt ( or accounts if they know about alts)

Unless i'm mistaken, don't you also have to manually lower your tier level on the land use page? Click on the new lower tier level you want to be billed at after the next billing date.

I was on the 1/8 tier level, and sold my excess land over the 1/16 tier level. I then set my tier level to 1/16 so that after this months billing at 1/8 it would revert to 1/16.

:)

Actually to be more precise it is not "this month" it is "your billing cycle" which begins on the first day that you bought mainland.  Hence it is very easy to get charged for land you are not using (and yes, you do pay on the previous month's holdings) since most older folks do not remember when they first bought land if they have stopped owning land and then bought land again :D.

It can be messy. You will also pay $5 US for a 512 lot if you give up premium status. This UNLESS you give up your land a month (your billing cycle time) before you give up your premium status. So planning WAY ahead is a good thing.

This has happened to a few friends of mine. I doubt it has changed. Also note that one called billing to find out how this all worked and got completely wrong answers :D.

Sooooooo ---  Good luck to us all. I rent now. Cheaper and easier.

Just general info for folks since it is very confusing. I agree.

PS. And yes, I concur you do need to lower your tier charge in your backend account page on the web. Someone I know got stuck with this too. That was not the case LONG ago, but has been valid for many years.   So be sure and do that if you aren't buying another sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.