Abandoned land

depolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone :)

There is a small parcel of land (1456m2) on one of my borders which is listed as being abandoned since March.  It's currently owned by Govenor Linden, but it ot for sale.

Is there a way to make him an offer for this land, seing as two of its four borders are with my land?  This land could really free up a lot of space for my development!

Is this possible or not - and if so how to go about putting the offer forward?

Many thanks as always,

Matt DePolo

If they instead have to put the parcel to auction, it's not necessarily a bad thing, unless the land is particularly valuable.  Normal land can be had for L$0.5/sq.m. at auction and rarely gets another bid unless it's something special (water, road, rails, expansive neighbors, etc.).  If you get it directly from the Gov, it will cost L$1/sq.m., so if you're lucky, an auction may save a few L$s.

Persephone Emerald wrote:

If a parcel goes to auction another bidder may out bid you.  I think $1/ m is a perfectly reasonble price for land you really want. Be sure to buy as part of a group, so you can get 10% more land & prims without paying more tier.

Yeah, I would always gladly pay the extra L$0.5/sq.m. to just get the land rather than take a chance at auction.  I was just trying to see a silver lining if the land goes to auction anyway.

Also, I've recently learned that a major consideration in whether or not one gets the land sold directly (avoiding the auction) is the presence of other neighbors who might notice and complain.  If it looks as if somebody might fuss, they'll put the parcel to auction.  That seems pretty astute.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.