what do you think of the Ihud 8.0

JoelMahla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks like you were attacked because of the iHud and because of it alone.
And it seems, the sandbox owner had problems with iHud users multiple times.
In other words: You just payed L$1000,-- to make yourself a target.

My advice: Write off the L$1000,-- as a lesson learned and use the iHud only on your own property.
If it is a rented property, check the FAQ/contract/covenant supplied by the rental box/landlord,
if weapons of any kind are allowed. Especially, when the parcel is in a residential area.
In every other location: Detach it.

Pierre, fog is actually what inspired me to write that. A light fog in sl is a beautiful thing, and I would hate to miss it. So is heavy fog for peole who have a better computer than I do. :) For me, it's paralysing. I've literally gone to places and thought, "This is beautiful. But I literally can't move." . And I'd personally prefer not to have to change those settings all the time.

I don't have problems with people griefing me. But I have noticed that when I'm visiting multiple areas, I'll notice differences in performance from one area to the next far more than most of the people in sl that I'm teleporting around with. And I traced it all back to those things that are placed on sims to make them more attractive just being more than my laptop can handle. Something that prioritizes between performance and visual effects automatically and adjusts for it would be really, really nice for those of us who are in any situation where they find themselves in situations where graphical effects and details change suddenly whether it is caused by griefers like the OP is concerned about, or by finding yourself in an area with more eye candy thanyour computer can chew, like I do far too often The only downside that I see is that it would probably be very, very tricky to make something like that.

There also comes into play how one defines "griefing."

Someone bumping into me a few times while I'm dancing I consider that someone being annoying.  But other people make it sound like their world has come to an end when it happens to them.

Utopian fantasies are all fine and fun but they aren't real.  If someone is looking for Utopia in SL, it just aint so.

Perrie Juran wrote:

JoelMahla wrote:

Perrie

It has happened to my friend 3 times and may be the result of using the ihud, The first time was right after we bought the ihud and she went to the cordova sandbox to try and learn how to use it and ended up being put in a cage by someone who decided it was wrong for her to be using ihud there and i'll admit and so will she that she shouldn't of been using it in a non combat sandbox

The second time she and her sister went to a combat sandbox again to try and learn how to use the ihud and were attacked by at least 10 people, they deformed her sister and had her trapped when I got home from work and she tped me to her and they managed to animate her avatar in a not nice way ( I found out later they ahd also groped her) I confronted them asked them nicely to let her go and leave her alone and was promptly pushed from the sim, I tped home and tped her there as well

The last time she had again gone to a combat sandbox and ened up laging it as told to her by the owner who also told her to delete everything related to the ihud or he would report her which is what made me post the 2 threads here and in roleplaying about the ihud to get opinions about it so i caould make an informed decision about it

I'm not sure how much of the problems she had can be blamed on her inexperience with using the ihud but she was just trying to learn how to use it and didn't mean to cause anyone else problems

I was speaking some what generically when I made my "target" comment. 

Historically speaking based on anecdotal evidence Welcome Hubs and Sandboxes are two of the most common places to get harassed.  But as myself and others have pointed out, it is usually how you respond to the harassment that determines the outcome.

For instance if she had responded, "Hey that's cool.  I'm trying to learn how to use this thing.  Can you help me?"  The harasser may have responded negatively, but then again it may have prompted a positive response.

am agree with this

how you respond is the key to what happens after

+

i get shot by a cager wep at Barbarossa infohub on the weekend by a person who quite new to this forums. is the thing with weps. people cant help themself when they have them. they get itchy fingers

it have no effect on me the cager. i just say in open chat: lol you need do better

they not say anything. just sit there for a time on the rezz zone and then left. i not bother AR then. they not try shot anyone else. just me

they was sitting. great big wuss (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.