uploading a texture but there are issues

HarleyRainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

seems if we take too long to find the image we want to upload we get logged off, I don't see why if we are looking for the image, our movement pauses, but if we take too long to find it, the screen fades and a message appears as darn you've been logged off, will this be updated so that when we upload an image that we don't go pause, we should be able to take up to 5 minutes before we get another chance to upload the image

Don't expect this to be changed anytime soon. A fix for this won't be trivial, or it would have been done years ago already.

If I get the impression I can't navigate to the file I want in less than a minute, I close the dialog and lookup where the file actually is, and try again.

If the viewer you are using does not have multi-threaded file pickers, you will get disconnected if you leave the file picker open for too long.

The LL viewer only has a multi-threaded file picker when uploading a mesh model, not when uploading images.

Some TPVs have multi-threaded file pickers for image upload & elsewhere. I'm not sure if any TPV has threaded pickers working on Mac & Linux. Firestorm only has multi-threaded pickers on Windows.

ref: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-5782

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.