trouble finding shoes that fit

LadyEllenT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using the classic avatar 'Kimberly'. I've demoed lots of shoes which are listed as compatible with classic avatars and none of them fit my feet. Editing doesn't seem to help at all. Is there something I'm missing? I'm pretty new to Second Life so if someone can explain this to me I would be really grateful. 

I already know how to get dressed using alpha layers etc., I picked up a posing stand for free that I use to edit the shoes and I've even tried using demos of other feet.

classic system feet and shoes can be pretty tricky to work with sometimes

in the folder with the shoes, you should find:

1) a shoebase which you also wear. It changes your feet (which can look a bit odd sometimes as is) but

2) also in the folder there should be a alpha which you wear also that will hide parts of your feet so that your shoes fit a bit better

then sometimes they still dont always fit so:

3) We have to edit our shoes into position

the easiest way to do this is to get a POSESTAND (is some free ones on the Marketplace so get one from there)

4) then we need to rez the posestand on the ground (drag drop from Inventory onto the ground) and then Sit on it. (if dont have a place to rez then search inworld for a REZ ZONE). The posestand will keep your avatar still, so you can zoom the viewer camera and edit your shoes

5) to Edit then right click on the shoes you are wearing. In the Edit dialog then can move the shoes into position

editing can be a little bit frustrating when we first learning how to do it. But perserve tho and you will soon be a expert at it like everyone else

wherorangi:

Oh gosh I'm so sorry, I should have been way more specific. I already know how to get dressed using alpha layers etc. since a friend showed me on day one. I've done all of wht you said, I picked up a posing stand for free that I use to edit jewelry and other items and I've even tried using demos of other feet. Thank you for taking the time to write that up though. I'll add that to my OP.

The only solution to the "chopped from a tree stump" look of the classic avatar's foot and ankle is to:

• purchase shoes that contain replacement feet
  • purchase replacement feet for which there are compatible shoes
  • switch to a mesh avatar that has better looking feet, and find shoes to fit.
  • wear long slacks

Maddy is right. The reason is that no one likes the clunky ankles of the legacy avatar.  

If you don't want to go with a mesh body, get just the feet.  I'd recommend SLink feet as there is such a wide variety of shoes to go with them in all price ranges from free on up.  Some are even cp,e wotj a color or texture change HUD.  

The advantage over shoes with the feet already in them is that you only have to match the skin tone once, and then can change shoes at will.  Also the creator of the skin you wear probably has skin appliers for them that will make the feet match perfectly.

is all good (:

cankles. Yes we all dont like them much

pretty much the standard now is Slink feet. Most of us end up getting them or Slink compatible feet. Is a zillion shoes now made to this standard. They fit perfectly

is still possible tho to get shoes with sculpted feet. Where the shoe and foot are created as one object, and we try to match any part of the exposed foot to our avatar skin with varying degrees of success. Can get a whole lot of these now oldschool shoes inworld for free when look round the shops  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.